Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sat Nav Operation

Can anyone with a Is-f sat nav tell me if there is a quick and easy way of using it with the postcode only set up,

as i find it a really long winded and complex set up to use , i even upgraded the software disc from the toyota 2008 set up to toyota 2013-14 software disc hoping it would upgrade the system to a 7 digit postcode search from the original 5 digit set up, as i have been used to 7 digit searches and tom tom type set ups with my previous sat navs, i even use my phone now when out in the is-f as i find it quicker and easier than the vehicle set up,

so can anyone help me sort this out or is it just me who finds it complex. by needing to input - nearest city, towns, streets etc

thanks for any help on this

New disc enables you to use the nav while driving and updates roads and poi etc.

That's is from what I understand so in short, no you can't search fully by post code. Poor IMO.

Pretty sure Stu is right on the post code only searching. :(

Not ideal, but you do get used to it after a few times.

Being able to use it on the move is better for sure.

The instructions and animation for exits etc is better than Tom Tom in my opinion.

Never really bothers me as I'm normally only driving to places I know! ;)

For new places, I'll take the time to do battle with the sat nav! :)

postcode inout, or lack of it, was / is a gripe of mine but I just use a Tom Tom instead. Their traffic data is better (imo) and you get the gps speed and current speed limit read out, plus an alarm for cameras too, very useful on roads you don't know. I just accepted that this was a rare downside of a five year old car...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links