Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rx300 Cd's Not Loading Plus Other Niggles

Hi

I just helped my parents purchase a 2004 Lexus RX300 SE-L but there are a few little things I need advice on.

It has the Mark Levinson 6 CD stereo, but when I press the load button the green light flashes to insert a cd and no matter what CD I try it goes all the way in makes a sound and is then ejected. Has anyone come across this before or have any ideas? I did a search on the forums and saw lots of issues on IS's with similar things stating there may be an incorrect disc in but I'm not sure there is as pressing 'Disc' when the radio is on does nothing.

The air suspension........I know there are issues, but I tested it before I bought and it seemed to be working, I'm not sure how long it should take to go to the high setting but it seems to take at least a minute and then after about 5 minutes I have noticed it has switched back to normal setting again, have tried a few times and it keeps doing this. It appears to be ok in normal or low mode but doesn't stay in high mode very long, is this right or is it a fault?

Finally the auto lights, not sure where the sensor is but the lights are always on when driving, it was bright sunshine today, not a cloud in the sky and the middle of the day and the headlight icon was on on the dashboard and the lights were on? After parking up, I got out of the car, locked it, started to walk away and then noticed the headlights were still on. There was no warning buzzer when I opened the door and I went back in to check it was on auto and confirmed it was, turned it to full and back to auto and then the lights went off. Doesn't appear to be operating correctly either. :( Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Hi BB, the air suspension sounds like it is operating as designed. The 'High' setting resets to 'Normal' or neutral when the car is travelling above a designated speed - someting like 30mph (it's somewhere in the manual if you have it). The middle ride height seems to be the default position, and the suspension returns to that setting after the ignition has been switched completely off.

As for how long it takes to get 'high', aye, 1min+ sounds similar to mine, which is same year and model. Not sure if that is typical or sign that air suspension is showing its age.

Not sure about the CD player issue, not something I've experienced, though get a few 'ERROR 4' messages now and again.

The autolights - when mine is set to auto, no buzzer sounds when I open the door (from memory I think the lights switch themselves off when I get out of driver's seat with lights in auto mode', but a warning alarm does sound when the lights are in the 'manual on' position and I open driver's door.

Hope some of that helps.

Conor

Hi BB, the air suspension sounds like it is operating as designed. The 'High' setting resets to 'Normal' or neutral when the car is travelling above a designated speed - someting like 30mph (it's somewhere in the manual if you have it). The middle ride height seems to be the default position, and the suspension returns to that setting after the ignition has been switched completely off.

As for how long it takes to get 'high', aye, 1min+ sounds similar to mine, which is same year and model. Not sure if that is typical or sign that air suspension is showing its age.

Not sure about the CD player issue, not something I've experienced, though get a few 'ERROR 4' messages now and again.

The autolights - when mine is set to auto, no buzzer sounds when I open the door (from memory I think the lights switch themselves off when I get out of driver's seat with lights in auto mode', but a warning alarm does sound when the lights are in the 'manual on' position and I open driver's door.

Hope some of that helps.

Conor

Many thanks for the reply Conor, the description of the air suspension is a huge help, it does sound like it is functioning as it should, thanks.

We can live with the lights as well but no cd's would be pretty annoying, does anyone know how easy it is to get the system looked into or to add a usb lead to add an ipod so there would be some way of playing something other than the radio?

• 4 months later...

Hello

Similar story to bbmcflurry.

Earlier today I inserted !st CD after a lot of button pushing and "waits". No lights of any colour but prompted for CD and the first one played.

Inserted the second CD, again no lights but now I get ERROR4 and no CD plays. Tape works fine as does Radio. Mark Levinson unit as above.

What do I do now? It has been a hectic 2 days (and wet as well).

Murphybear

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links