Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi

Does anyone know what the quality is like on Crossland air filters, sold by Eurocarparts (which also now seem to sell Japanese parts as well). I don't scrimp on quality, but I seem to recall this as a well known and reputable brand and try to avoid the main stealer if I can?

Thanks Steve, I thought the name was familiar . I called my local branch ans apparently they do not have these in stock but have Mikao, a Japanese brand They said they make OEM filters, but who knows. Life is so complicated. Anyone used, know about Mikao filters?

I would not expect any noticeable problems to be honest. However, I am obsessed with quality where it matters (hence my driving an LS 400) and an air filter is one of those things where a £4 filter off eBay will look more or less the same as a £27 one from Lexus. Both will work, but a lot of design and engineering goes into filters. As a shiny young fireman I learned that the total area of the holes in a pump filter is at least equal to the cross sectional area of the pump inlet, and then you have to take into account frictional loss, partial blockages and other factors. Presumably, the same level of design and engineering goes into air filters, if efficient flow (and hence power and economy), is to be achieved and maintained.

I am getting very wordy her, but I'm trying to explain why I am more fussy about oil and air filters than, for example pollen filters. I would be happy with a Crossland filter, as I remember them from my time as an engineering apprenticeship, they have a long heritage. I haven't heard of the Mikao filters being sold. I think the main dealer's £27 is a bit strong though

As if we didn't have enough to worry about. I did a search for Mikao air filters and found some websites that mention auto parts being imported from Japan, having been tested and found to be radioactive. One website stated " auto air filters from Fukushima, that he tested in his Massachusetts laboratory, are so radioactive that they have to be disposed of in a buried radioactive waste disposal site in the US."

The website can be found here - http://enenews.com/my-university-is-annoyed-with-me-air-filter-from-japan-so-radioactive-it-must-be-buried-at-radioactive-waste-disposal-site-in-us-video

I have ordered a Crosland filter from ECP

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links