Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Bulb Types Please

mista_khan

Hi

tried googling this but couldn't find a list for it, can someone tell me what type bulbs I need for my is200 on a v reg for the following:

I want to upgrade front low beam to 8000K HID , is it HB4 OR HB3?

also upgrade number plate lights and front sidelights to LED, are they standard w5w

also I don't need them to be canbus or anything like that right?

thanks guys

Dip Beam - 9006/HB4

Main Beam - 9005/HB3

Sidelight - 501w /T10/W5W

Side Turn - 501w /T10/W5W

Front Fog 99-2003 - 9006/HB4

Front Fog 2003- H3

Front Turn Indicator - T20 /7440/582

Rear High Mounted Stop Light - 955

Licence Plate - 501w /T10/W5W X 2

Rear Fog - T20 /7440/582

Reverse light - T20 /7440/582

Rear indicator - amber 582y/7440/T20

Stop/Tail - R580 /w21\5w

Interior Middle Dome - 269 /festoon 31mm

Interior Front - Ba9

Glove Box - R286 / 5mm

Ignition barrel ring - R286 / 5mm

Door Marker lights - 501w /T10/w5w

Boot Light - 501w /T10/w5w

Don't put 8000k in there. Firstly they aren't as bright as 5000 or 4300k, and also they are too blue

• Like 1

I would go for 5000k. I've had 6 and 5, and 5 is more natural white light rather than 6000k which looks synthetic. 5000k is also brighter than 6000k, and not as harsh too. Remember, your headlights aren't designed for HID's and will scatter light around, dazzling oncoming traffic. The more natural the light, the less harsh it will feel to oncoming drivers. I also set my beam angle (using the rotary knob inside) to position 2, which helps cut down the glare from it (the higher the numbers, the more it points to the floor)

As for which bulbs to change, I only changed the normal dipped beam. I see no point changing the high beam. Firstly, HID's take a good 10 seconds to warm up to full brightness; you'll notice when you turn your lights on you get a flash, and then the light slowly warms up. This is pointless on main beam as you're forever turning them on and off. Secondly, once you've got a decent set of HID's in the normal dipped beam, you'll find you don't often turn the main beams anyway.

One of my 5000's went a couple weeks ago. I'd noticed that it was changing colour, getting to the point of going almost orange, and then one night it just kept flickering. I had a spare pair of bulbs (that were listed as 5000k, but are more like 6000k) so I chucked them in, and noticed how much brighter they were, because the ones I'd had in for a year or two prior had slowly dimmed. Over this winter, with the older bulbs in, I was using the main beam when driving through the twisty country lanes. Switching to new bulbs, I just don't need the main beam, and when I do turn them on, there's actually only a little benefit to them - no extra light, but it throws a bit further (because they aren't shielded).

I'll be buying a new pair of 5000's soon, as the ones I have in currently are more like 6000's, and in complete darkness, there's a level of noticeable blue, but when you get into street lit areas, that blue turns green with the orange street lights and normal headlights on the road. Number plates and road signs take on a greenish hue to them.

• Like 1

I would go for 5000k. I've had 6 and 5, and 5 is more natural white light rather than 6000k which looks synthetic. 5000k is also brighter than 6000k, and not as harsh too. Remember, your headlights aren't designed for HID's and will scatter light around, dazzling oncoming traffic. The more natural the light, the less harsh it will feel to oncoming drivers. I also set my beam angle (using the rotary knob inside) to position 2, which helps cut down the glare from it (the higher the numbers, the more it points to the floor)

As for which bulbs to change, I only changed the normal dipped beam. I see no point changing the high beam. Firstly, HID's take a good 10 seconds to warm up to full brightness; you'll notice when you turn your lights on you get a flash, and then the light slowly warms up. This is pointless on main beam as you're forever turning them on and off. Secondly, once you've got a decent set of HID's in the normal dipped beam, you'll find you don't often turn the main beams anyway.

One of my 5000's went a couple weeks ago. I'd noticed that it was changing colour, getting to the point of going almost orange, and then one night it just kept flickering. I had a spare pair of bulbs (that were listed as 5000k, but are more like 6000k) so I chucked them in, and noticed how much brighter they were, because the ones I'd had in for a year or two prior had slowly dimmed. Over this winter, with the older bulbs in, I was using the main beam when driving through the twisty country lanes. Switching to new bulbs, I just don't need the main beam, and when I do turn them on, there's actually only a little benefit to them - no extra light, but it throws a bit further (because they aren't shielded).

I'll be buying a new pair of 5000's soon, as the ones I have in currently are more like 6000's, and in complete darkness, there's a level of noticeable blue, but when you get into street lit areas, that blue turns green with the orange street lights and normal headlights on the road. Number plates and road signs take on a greenish hue to them.

x2 totally agree with you, pointless on main beam and higher kelvin is blinding on cars without proper projectors, and secondly call me a noob but how do i take out sidelights out of headlights lol, do i just pull out the casing from the headlight or do i turn it?

cheers

They turn, as do the headlights (and probably the indicator bulbs, but I've never taken them out)

What I need is a new pair of dipped beam HID's, probably 5000's again, but maybe 4300's, and then a pair of decent LED bulbs for the fogs that are powerful enough to actually be noticeable when the headlights are on, and also match in colour. Not too fussed about the main beam, but if I could get a decent pair of LED or halogen bulbs to match in colour and performance that'd be great. Then just a pair of LED sidelight bulbs that actually continue working, rather than crapping out a few weeks after putting them in...!

that's a lot of gear lol, and foglights on LED wont be much use except for show tbh, they wont work in the fog lol, you could just add on hid kit on fogs, and for LED in the past ive used 14 LED sidelights, always lasted me forever

cheers

LED bulbs are rubbish. Very dim and no where near as bright as halogen bulbs. The best thing you can add to the fogs are yellow bulbs, that's the best colour to cut through fog. 3000k HIDs would suit the job. Unless of course you just want 'show bulbs'

Got them bud, not bad at 11.99 , thanks for the info buddy, and lastly can anyone tell me how to change the numberplate lights without remove the inside of the boot carpet etc, can I do it from the outside ? not very technical am I lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links