Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all.

Finally got the lexus on the road after having the timing belt changed. Drives superb for a car thats 18 years old. Anyway since i picked it up everytime i start it from cold the check engine light comes on and stays on for a maximum of 2 minutes and then doesnt come on again until next time i start it from cold. Havent had a chance to get it back to the garage but when it happened at the garage by the time the mechanic hooked up the code reader the light had gone out and he said there were no codes coming up. Anyone any ideas why it would do this? I will be taking it back in on Monday but just wondered if its something simple??

Thanks

Azeem

Hi all

Just an update on this I had the codes read in the car and it came up with 2 codes. Code 13 - Rpm Signal - crank position sensor and code 21- O2 sensor signal.

My first question is could they be linked?

2. why does the engine light go out after a couple of minutes?

3. would these codes have been there before I had the timing belt done and only showed up when i had the work done? The light never came on prior to the timing belt change. (Trying to rule out coincidence)

4. Could itbe linked to my Battery running completely flat and having to start it with a booster pack?

5. Could it be because the car was low on fuel? Old fuel in the car, not sure how long it was in ther car but it could have been anything up to 3 years? Now filled with esso unleaded.

Any help would be appreciated, although the mechanic appreciates the light wasn't Coming on prior to the tb change and is going to investigate further at his expense and try to resolve. Any guidance is really appreciated.

You need to use good fuel in the car, like shell fuel, none of this supermarket cheap fuel or even esso fuel, you'll feel the difference, next time use v power shell, you'll feel the difference straight away, I know there's people on here that would say there is no difference in supermarket fuel it's all the same etc, put it this way, you buy a shirt from primark and it may last you 2 weeks to a month, you buy an Armani shirt and it will last you years, there is a difference

• Like 1

I'd go for the one likely to have been disconnected and connected during the belt change the CPS (check plugs/sockets and wiring to it).

Has it been knocked/damaged or has the loom not been redressed correctly and has now become damaged.

Thanks Steve,

you were right, it was to do with the CPS, apparently he didn't put the sensor shroud back on correctly. The mechanic held his hands up and apologised.

For now both codes that were showing are now clear and haven't come back on so far.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links