Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus in their "pursuit of perfection" fitted stainless steel exhaust systems to the LS400 and mine after 20 years is still in excellent condition.

When the LS430 arrived it would appear it became in "pursuit of economy" so they took a retrograde step using mild steel and after just 10 years they are rotting off.

Personally I would go for custom made stainless replacements, not only can they be made as quiet as the originals but last considerably longer and be nowhere near Lexus prices for mild steel.

• Like 1

Sounds a lot for just the rear boxes there are companies doung a full catback system for less than £400.00 if you travel.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-GS300-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-LS400-LS430-GS-is200-is220-/171229760032?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27de16ca20

It is expensive but it is convenient, don't have the time to travel. They quoted £1180 for the complete stainless steel system. Can't afford that right now. Front end is ok. My car guy in Carnoustie uses them all the time, they do a great job so he says. Anyway, back to silent running tomorrow.

Sounds a lot for just the rear boxes there are companies doung a full catback system for less than £400.00 if you travel.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-GS300-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-LS400-LS430-GS-is200-is220-/171229760032?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27de16ca20

my car is the same year and just wanted to prepare myself just incase I have to replace mine

that advert says 87 different designs to choose from? what does that mean - different types of rear boxes? or tips?

Keep in mind, you have to travel to Leeds and back. Kwik fit told me thre are 3 types of rear end for that make and year. I don't beleive it, They wouldnt give me a price unless I brought it up. (To make sure they quoted for the right system) supposidly???? More like they can tell you all the other stuff you have to get for your motor.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links