Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

South London Power Cut

Claire G

So, Simon and I get a babysitter lined up and decide to go to the IMAX cinema at Waterloo to see the Matrix Reloaded film.

Thought the traffic was a bit heavy and finally got to Waterloo a couple of hours after leaving home (!), we dashed to the cinema as we didn't want to miss the start of the film, and thought it all looked a bit dark. Bloomin' power cut - obviously the IMAX couldn't open and the trains etc were buggered.

We ended up going to Pizza Express (there's on 30 mins from where we live!). Had a nice meal and a good evening but it took us another 2 hours to get home again !!! Am knackered this morning :lol:

That's good of you Pete. We actually pootled in to Waterloo in the Yaris and traffic was so bad it took us 2 hours. Dunno how long it would have taken by train - or bus for that matter, each bus stop seemded to have about 50-60 people queued up.

That's good of you Pete. We actually pootled in to Waterloo in the Yaris and traffic was so bad it took us 2 hours. Dunno how long it would have taken by train - or bus for that matter, each bus stop seemded to have about 50-60 people queued up.

You've also got a Yaris ??? Is that a courtesy car ?

Yep, the Yaris is the courtesy car - nice little number, 1.3, aircon....

Feels as though you're driving a go-kart, good fun though! (Too chicken to drive last night tho, I let Si have that honour)

Pete, we've re-booked to go and see the film on 8th Sept :)

I was in London with some friends for the day visting the ECTS games show at earls court

our train was at 7:25 back to leeds and we left harrods at 6:45 for the tube and all the doors were closed to the tube station :ohmy:

thought it was just the one outside harrods, went to the next station. closed...

tried to get a bus, nightmare!!

got to the station an hour late but were told to get the next train and ended up sitting in 1st class seats, not bad for our super saver tickets that only cost 12 quid return!!

but it only went as far as sheffield and we just got the last train from sheffield to leeds

adding 3 hours to our total return journey :(

was an experience hmm :yawn:

didnt affect me, but i do have a theory as to why it has happened.................... :ph34r:

C'mon then Mat, what's your conspiracy theory :ph34r:

Strange how the same thing happened in a major city in the US, not so long ago eh.

"it could never happen in the UK......." they said

and then it does...notice how it wasnt a power cut in the middle of wiltshire......

this powercut was organised, carried out by the secret service and special forces...under the eye of very senior gov't personel :ph34r:

this..as the US blackout was carried out to determine the effect of a major disaster (nuclear/chemical/bombing) on the capital.

Hows the best way to do it....

make it happen without anyones knowing...... :shifty:

i can tell you...... :ph34r: , Gov'ts work in very suspicious ways, theres things that would shock you....that i know :shutit: :ph34r:

didnt affect me, but i do have a theory as to why it has happened.................... :ph34r:

C'mon then Mat, what's your conspiracy theory :ph34r:

Strange how the same thing happened in a major city in the US, not so long ago eh.

"it could never happen in the UK......." they said

and then it does...notice how it wasnt a power cut in the middle of wiltshire......

this powercut was organised, carried out by the secret service and special forces...under the eye of very senior gov't personel :ph34r:

this..as the US blackout was carried out to determine the effect of a major disaster (nuclear/chemical/bombing) on the capital.

Hows the best way to do it....

make it happen without anyones knowing...... :shifty:

i can tell you...... :ph34r: , Gov'ts work in very suspicious ways, theres things that would shock you....that i know :shutit: :ph34r:

Mat, this is very interesting. :shifty: I had a conversation with someone recently who came up with the same theory. :ph34r:

C'mon, what's the other secrets? Tell us in Gold if you like :whistling:

that sounds like a normal day :blink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links