Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The Beast Is Back In My Good Books

I've just taken the badly behaved beast to Lexus Stockport to get the brake warning light looked at and the gear numbers not lighting up sorted. Brakes were sorted in half an hour. They put new ball joints at the front, four new brakes and topped up brake fluid. No problems there then. :) Also they said the suspension etc was normal - hard ride is as expected on the Sport.

Get this though....

They came back to me and said that the gear numbers next to the gearstick are not supposed to light up. I replied that you folks and two mates at work say they light up.

"Well it must be just the Sport then that doesn't light up - check the dash instead for gear changes".

I thought that was a bit strange but I accepted it and left happy enough.

Then a funny thing happened later on in the evening. I was at the lights and moved the gearstick from park to drive and the gear numbers lit up ! :ohmy:

Then they went off again and back on a couple of times.

So they do light up but I'm sure when I ring them to tell them they light up they'll just think I'm tripping on something powdery. :geek:

Do you think the dealer is just lazy and didn't want to do it ?

I think you should go back to the dealer and scream and shout ( go at a peak time!) demand the manager and explain that you have been fobbed off and treated as an ignorant baffoon. SHould you have to be at the think end of this type of abuse?? Is it common practice to not check with someone who knows before offering an oppinion just as easily saught from some hooker at the side of the road?? WHat the hell is he playing at?? does he not know that you are a valued customer and should at the least be able to get a well researched answer to a bloody reasonable question!!!!

THen when you have gone from red to blue take a breath and explain how many goodies it will take to placate you now that they have near given you a heart attack!!

worth a look.. :shifty::ph34r::shifty:

Peak time at a Lexus dealer Loz ? What's that ? Everytime I've been to one I've been the only one there ! I've been in noisier libraries.

You could always tell us when your going and a few of us could suddenly turn up and make it peak time ;) :lol::lol::lol:

Glad your getting sorted mate!

Felt like sorting the driver of and S Class merc today who nearly took my front bumper off when trying to get out of my drive! I was halfway across the road (we live down a fairly quiet lane and I have to stick the front out a bit to see) but oh no he couldn't stop and wave me out- he had to swerve round me to make a point.

Sadly I made a point of passing him on the bypass T*sser!

Are all German car driver gits?

:angry:

What the hell has a few body parts and suspension got to do with the interior switch gear lights? I'm with Loz. Speak with the manager, demand an apology and say only a new sat nav disc will put things right ;)

It sounds like you have a loose connection, quite easy to check yourself but you shouldn't have to.

Good to hear you have new brakes. Have the ball joints helped with the ride quality?

Happy to show up as a would be buyer... if you like I could turn up and trash the ***** out of a GS430 Sport and make you look like a dream customer... If I could get a test drive on their insurance who knows how much havoc could be reeked?

Or I could come in as a prospective customer and then you arrive. then when it turns out that I am your retained Solicitor....oooooohh the horror!

:ph34r:

They sound as though they're trying it on. Go back, mention the 1000's of people viewing this forum, seeing your experience and telling you you've been palmed off ! Also mention the Lexus experts who could obviously teach them a thing or two. ;)

Are Lexus dealerships slipping, a fair few people on here seem to be having more problems than necessary!

Like your style Loz ! I spoke to Lisa. She was the one who told me it was impossible that the gear numbers light up. I spoke to Lexus Sheffield and they are picking my car up next week, sorting it out and putting brand new car mats in it !!!! :lol:

Like your style Loz ! I spoke to Lisa. She was the one who told me it was impossible that the gear numbers light up. I spoke to Lexus Sheffield and they are picking my car up next week, sorting it out and putting brand new car mats in it !!!! :lol:

Congrats on your success mate!

Hope it makes the car that bit sweeter. As for Lisa, I think she is a but soft for Mat Wildernes so when you want freebies you need to let him borrow your car for an hour or so....

Might wanna book it in for a valet after though... :crying::sick: :yack:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links