Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Driver Experience Days....

Stuno1

Anyone done a good one. Starting to research them as a mate wants to do one with me.

Ideally i want to do one at brands. It is close to where we live and loved it on my motorbike. Paddock hill in a supercar would be immense!

Found a really good company called 'everyman' but it is in Loughborough :(

Stu

Brands Hatch !!

I once had the great privilege of being driven around the Motocross circuit many years ago by the one and only (The original Stig by name) Stig Blomqvist in his 4 wheel drive million BHP Audi Quatro.

I have never ever since gone around a corner in excess of 120mph on mud since and after he had finished terrifying me during the lunch break I got a chance to talk to him and what a quiet and perfect gentleman he is, its just when he gets behind the wheel of a car that he becomes possessed by the devil.

A day I will never forget.

I bought an Audi Quatro a couple of years later as I become obsessed with the sound that the special 5 cylinder engine used to make, very special.

Mike

Ah,the ubiquitous Audi Quattro,a much maligned car,ahead of it's time I think,I got the use of a friends one,back in the early 80's, -he went to Saudi to work for six months,and left me his Quattro,to look after,he had to prise the keys out of my hands,when he arrived back in Blighty,I didn't want to give it back......(sorry for going a bit off-topic here)

• Like 1

Got a couple of friends whos done them. said it was amazing. one said the only problem is he didnt feel like he could let loose because there is someone in the passenger seat lol

Ide take the GTR one if i did it, even if its not the most expensive car its AWD would give you the confidence and its just as quick as any

Hello Stu,

I did one a couple of years ago. I got to drive a Lamborghini Gallardo for a few laps and it was amazing (that is me in the pictures below).

The day started with a quick briefing and then 3 of us were taken for a lap of the track as a sighter in a Scooby, the driver didn't hang about and showed us the braking and turn in points. We then got to drive the car which we had pre-picked when we booked.

Although you are driving the car the instructor that sits with you tells you when to change gear so you are always going into the corners one gear too high to stop you from getting over confident and running out of talent. That being said they do let you go flat out up to the corners and brake quite late.

It doesn't feel as dramatic as you might think as these cars are built for speed so are very stable at high speed and under braking, they corner like they are on rails.

My wife bought me the drive as a Christmas present so I am not sure how much it cost, this last Christmas she bought me another one but this time it is a triple drive so I get to drive a Lamborghini Gallardo (500HP V10) a Ferrari 360 (400HP V8) and an Aston Martin DB9 (V12) and then I get a fast lap as a passenger with a pro driver.

I am so excited.

My advice is, if you get the chance to do it, then go for it.

Steve

post-25599-0-90414500-1390532805_thumb.j

post-25599-0-48845500-1390533102_thumb.j

Looks great!

Found a company called 'Everymanracing' who seem to get great reviews. Bit of a treck from me but looks worth it. There are a good selection of cars to choose from as well.

It is 150 for three cars doing 3 laps in each. For an extra 120 you can make it 6 laps in each.

I think this is the company I'll be using in July time.

Stu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links