Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Warranty Claim Update...

Didn’t get a call so called the garage and they had the result of my claim. No idea why they didn’t call me :megaangry:

Anyway, the claim was for 2 wheels with bubbling around the centre cap, and 4 callipers with paint flaking at various degrees of severity.

Result - £3,500!!!! Lexus said they would pay £1000. Reasons...They don’t re-coat callipers so all new ones required. Also, the ISF wheels are not a part of the wheel scheme so 2 new wheels would be required. FOOK THAT!!!

I asked if they would cover the wheels being referbished biut was told as they had been done before they would not. Even thhough the offered £1K towards the total bill if i did that.

Got put in touch with their chose wheel company so getting a quote from them. Will look for a indy to sort the callipers i think.

Stu

If it's just paint coming from callipers can't you just do it yourself? It's easy... Good going over with a wire brush, high heat calliper paint, job done. :)

If you want Lexus de cals for them they're all over eBay, just an idea as I can't believe Lexus want to replace 4 callipers just because a bit of paint came off!

Found a place local to me called...wait for it....

East Coast Styling....Shoddy name bud seem very good.

They have worked on some very nice cars indeed. Will be popping to see them on 21st to get a quote for the wheels, callipers, tints and some minor touch up's.

Stu

Glad you've got a plan to get it sorted at least Stu. :)

Be interesting to see what they charge you for the wheels and callipers. Will they be re-finished in the same colour as the originals? Seems like a bronze colour on mine at least.

Hope it gets sorted soon mate. I'd be looking to do exactly the same if I was in your position (luckily my alloys and callipers are all good for now at least!).

Pete

Going with as close to stock colour as possible. Thought they were black??? Prob cost 1000-1500 squids to get the car immaculate inside and out.

Want to keep it stock as possible :)

Will let folks know how I get on.

Stu

I thought they were black as well, but if you look at the pictures I posted, mine have a bronze hue about them??

Maybe mine have been re-finished in a different colour? Doubt it though.

We can compare them when we do the Bluewater meet next month. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links