Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello all,

I've been reading about the PO-40 kit and wondered if anyone's got a link or further info? Sadly tried to search it here and it's showing zero results... Even though I've seen it... Might be due to searching from the phone or IT doesn't like the text!

Cheers

Hiya PilgrimIS, there used to be loads of stuff on this but some of it seems to have disappeared. I think that it might have been something to do with when they updated the site. I posted loads of info at one time because I did the mod myself but when I look in 'My Content' now it has gone.

However, I have found one lot of info. I tried to copy and paste the link to it this morning but I can't seem to get that procedure to work at the moment. The link that you want is as follows:-

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic75371-folding-mirrors/

I notice that it hasn't turned blue at the moment so you may have to type the address yourself.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I have just tried clicking on my link and it doesn't seem to work. I tried typing in the address into my browser and that does work and so you will have to go down the same route I think.

PilgrimIS

I will be buying the kit after the new year and hoping to install it in January / February and have been in contact with the company selling this

if you pm me I will send you his email address - not sure if he would appreciate it shown on line

When I purchased my kit I ended up paying quite a bit more in import duty but I understand from Michael that he now distributes it via his daughter who lives in London. This is a great benefit when buying and is also undoubtedly much speedier.

I think that Michaels email address is michael@ashpoint.com.au Michael's full name is Michael Rychter and he is great chap, extremely helpful

I bought and installed the kit from mike via his London distribution (didn't know it was his daughter) lol piece of cake to install although had to make a slight alteration to install instruction but mike worked with me via Skype to get around the issue.. Buy one u won't regret it :)

Yes I'm sure that you're pleased with the outcome. When I fitted mine it was the very first one that was fitted to a 220d (they were originally made for the 250) and so there were modifications necessary and I dealt with the manufacturer and Mike via a 3 way Skype connection. The manufacturer was called Mr P and his English was quite basic, he was telling me which wires to connect to my multimeter and then was asking me for all of the readings so that he could decide which wires needed cutting etc. it was all very interesting and was done quite early in the morning to fall in as a good time period for us all.

Now that you've done it, when you walk away from the car and look back, you will know that it's locked because the mirrors will be folded in, if they are not, you'll know you aint locked it!

Well done matey, I will probably do my 250 shortly.

By the way, where did you place the control box? I put mine just below the switch panel on the drivers door so that If I needed to get at it for any reason, I wouldn't need to disturb the door panel.

Yeah I fitted it under the door switch control too, plenty of space for it and it's sturdy there... I didn't even need to remove the entire door panel when I did mines. Just lifted enough off to gain access to the wires... And your right it's really useful to know when door are locked or not..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links