Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Service And Repair History

When we were looking to buy a Honda Civic for my wife, it had quite a bit of missing service history. I called Honda customer service who had all the record for that car and confirmed to exactly when the services were done, which honda dealer did them and if any repairs were done. Now when looking for IS250s I saw one with missing history book at an auction so I called Lexus to see if they could tell me any info about that car. They completely denied they kept any information about the car and told me that only the dealer who serviced the car would keep that record locally. As I didn't know who that dealer was, I wouldn't be able to find that info. What if the car was serviced at different dealers every year.

My question is why would lexus not locally hod that information, when that can be so useful for a lot of reasosn

I think they do, they just don't admit it or give the information out.

On my 200 I had the cambelt done at Lexus Swindon but got it serviced at Lexus Bristol. When I first went into Lexus Bristol (a month after having the cambelt done over in Swindon) and we discussed upcoming maintenance items the service manager said "I see the cambelt was done last month" how would he have known that if it wasn't on a computer screen in front if him?

It was a fleet car auction, my guess is it was not an import and Lexus must have had some information about it but I only asked about service history and they said I need to talk to the dealer where it was serviced. I asked if they could tell me which dealer it was and they did not know. I then called my local lexus dealer (Leeds) and asked if they could get me some data of that car but they came back and said as it was not serviced there so they can't help and I need to call the dealer where it was serviced at.

Anyway, I do have a different car now, but it would have been useful information at that time. I am going to call lexus after holidays to check if they can tell me service history of my current car (which is partial history in the book but I know where it was serviced) and where it was serviced etc and if there are any recalls pending. Let see what they say.

It would appear that Lexus dealers do not subscribe to a central database for servicing/repairs, just to a database within their own group.......i.e. Listers, Syntners etc.

This would not affect recall work as the dealer bills Lexus for the work which obviously would mean that Lexus would be aware of which vehicles had been rectified.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links