Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Planning On Donating My Is200... Need Help.

Jkpusaf

Ok, here is a quick run down on the car/situation,

I am US military stationed in the UK. The majority of us are only here for a few years. That being said, the cars we buy are only used for the short time we are in the country. When I arrived in the UK, a fellow military member gave me the car at zero cost. I had to fix a few things here and there, but the car works and runs like a champ. I am only going to be in the UK for another couple of years and I plan on "paying it forward" and donating the car when I leave.

It is a 2000 IS200 sport 2.0 Petrol (maunal gearbox)

I want to keep it well serviced, so it will continue to run strong for the next owner. I was wondering if there are any websites that are good for parts. I have been on Eurocarparts, but they hardly have anything for my year make and model.

So far I have changed:

all 4 sets of brake pads

4 new brake rotors all around

4 new tires/tyres

new Battery

new alternator

and kept up with oil changes

Planning on:

coolant flush

changing drive belts (cracked)

spark plugs (not sure when they were last changed)

new wheels (looking on the cheap. these ones are banged up and im loosing a lot of air)

*Also* is there a way to update the stock satnav? Its kind of useless right now as it probably hasn't been updated, since the vehicle rolled out of the dealership in 2000.

Since this vehicle will be donated and I won't make any money on it, I need to find these parts cheap. Can someone help me out, and let me know the best place to find these?

Thanks for all the help!

-Jason

Welcome to the club Jason, Your best bet for cheap parts is e-bay or other sites like gumtree and pre-loved.

Sat-nav updates are no longer available for your car,

Sounds like you really look after her, the next owner will be one lucky person.

Ian.

Hi Jason

it depends on what parts you are looking for as to where you look for thme - I had used www.japarts.co.uk for parts when I had my 200 and have also used them for my 250. Company is reliable and have most parts that you will need.

Wheels - I would use eBay as there is quite a good choice of OEM and after market ones on there - like Ian said above, there are no updates for the sat nav.

Drive belts - if they are cracked I woud get them done ASAP - 2 years ago I had mine replaced at around 60k but I put it into the dealer to do this due to the importance of getting them done properly and that cost me £300 for cam and all other belts fitted.

Thanks guys, I'll be looking around.

Its a real bummer about the sat nav. Now it just seems like an unnecessary piece of electrical equipment. Maybe I can find something to do with it.

I do know the importance of changing belts. They are worn and need to be replaced, but not yet to the point where Im worried about it going on me. Ive been turning wrenches for a long time, so belts shouldn't be an issue.

Again, thank you for the help.

-Jason

You can get a update foe the cd rom based system upto 2007 but only from lexus map update website. Quoted me £100 so didnt bother and mine hasnt got me lost so far touch wood. (Mine also 2000)

Like you said eurocar parts dont do much for the is200 but try gsf car parts and may sound lame but eBay because alot of part distribution companys use it and is a easy way to search them all. Also google shopping

Maybe you should donate the car to the next guy stationed. In the UK in need?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links