Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Enjoyment Did Not Last. Is250 Error Codes

Hi All

As some of you may be aware I just bought a high mileage IS250 from a non-lexus dealer. Well just about 600 miles of fantastic driving, the check VSC lights came on. Thankfully I still had my odb/techstream code reader cable. I connected it to the car and read the codes out

Here is the full list of codes

1. Engine ECU - P0503

2. Cruise Control ECU- P0503

3. ABS/VSC/TRAC ECU- C0215,C1223, C1241

So the Engine and Cruise control ECU are reporting "Vehicle Speed Sensor 'A' Intermittent "

And the ABS ECU is reporting the following three

1.Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Signal Malfunction

2. Malfuntion In ABS Control System

3. C1241 Toyota - Low Battery Positive Voltage

I just had my rear pads and tyres changed. May be the technician has misaligned or broken the ABS sensor on the left rear wheel, as it looks like he spent a long time on that one for some reason.

Any ideas what this could be?

cheers

If the light came on straight after getting the pads/tyres changed, then it seems to be quite likely that they damaged the sensor (possibly just haven't plugged it back in properly, which is why it's intermittent).

The ABS malfunction code is most likely caused because of the intermittent sensor, so once the sensor's fixed, that should be clearable. As for the Battery voltage, I would have thought that's unrelated. Have you had your car sat using juice without the engine on for a prelonged period of time? (might have even been when getting the pads/tyres changed, if it was sat unlocked for a while)

Would seem odd that they could damage the sensor doing pads and tyres, there should be no reason to touch anything near the sensor. I guess they may have clouted the cable or something freeing something up. A knackered sensor will trip abs and vsc error lights.

Also worth getting the battery/alternator voltages checked, a low voltage can trigger all sorts of funnies on the electrics. When my alternator went on my mk1 GS, each sub-system failed in turn as the voltage levels dropped further and further.

I believe there are two speed senders in the gear box, used for various things in the engine management and cruise control systems, so it is possible for some speed related items to fail while others still work.

thanks, it was just me being silly blaming the tech in anger. I am sure its just a consumable sensor like everything and can fail certainly after 130K miles.

The Battery was changed in 2010 to a lead acid Halfords Battery. The warranty has run out on it 5 months ago. I'll get it tested first as it may have caused the other error codes.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links