Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help On Handling

I need some help.

My car was involved in a small accident to the front left hand side. All fixed no problem. 1 year later I change my tyres and the garage shows me that the front tyres have worn on the inside quite badly. They suggest a geometry which I decide to let them do. I get the car back and it handles terribly. I then take it to a Lexus garage and they say the geometry was badly done and re-do it. The car is much better but still doesnt quite handle like it did previously. They cant find a fault.

Is it possible that when the original people did the geometry they messed up the traction control? It feels much like that to me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I bought my car brand new in March last year. It has done 13,000 miles and I just had the front tyres changed, they were badly worn on the inside too. I have not had a knock, or even driven over a large pot hole. Lexus NOTTINGHAM charged me £120 :blink: for the privilege of checking my tracking, which they insist was out. I think it has been out since I bought the car, impossible to prove, of course. They are doing it again on Tuesday actually, as it was only just within limits, when they finished. Also the steering wheel is now turned to the left slightly. The wear was the same on the inside of both front tyres, so whatever put the tracking out did it to both sides equally ..... amazing that ! :huh:

Sorry, no answer to your problem, but I have seen threads about this kind of uneven tyre wear before. I think its ANOTHER IS200/ 300 trait.

I bought my car brand new in March last year. It has done 13,000 miles and I just had the front tyres changed, they were badly worn on the inside too. I have not had a knock, or even driven over a large pot hole. Lexus NOTTINGHAM charged me £120 :blink: for the privilege of checking my tracking, which they insist was out. I think it has been out since I bought the car, impossible to prove, of course. They are doing it again on Tuesday actually, as it was only just within limits, when they finished. Also the steering wheel is now turned to the left slightly. The wear was the same on the inside of both front tyres, so whatever put the tracking out did it to both sides equally ..... amazing that ! :huh:

Sorry, no answer to your problem, but I have seen threads about this kind of uneven tyre wear before. I think its ANOTHER IS200/ 300 trait.

theres nowt more annoying than a steering wheel thats not straight,hope you make em sort it :angry:

It's a common problem with the IS200 and IS300 to 'scrub off' the inner edges of the front tyres prematurely.

Have you changed to a new make of tyre? Or maybe the same make but with a different tread pattern? It's a possible cause, particularly if your steering geometry/tracking has been checked and is ok now. Maybe try swapping the fronts with the rears to see if that helps?

What tyres did you have on there before, and what ones are on there now?

When you say it's like the traction control isn't working, what exactly are the symptoms? Is the car feeling twitchy at the back? Are you getting tyre squeal when pulling away sharpish? Is it tramlining?

What tyres did you have on there before, and what ones are on there now?

When you say it's like the traction control isn't working, what exactly are the symptoms? Is the car feeling twitchy at the back? Are you getting tyre squeal when pulling away sharpish? Is it tramlining?

Bridgestones before and after.

The tail seems to slide and the car twitches a bit into corners. Symptoms most noticable under pressure.

Thanks for the help. Lexus cant seem to solve the prob.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links