Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Changed My Loved Is220D To An Is250

Hi all

I just changed my IS220d SE Red (56 plate) at 123K miles to an IS250 Auto SE bronze (56 plate) at 131 K miles

A bit nervous about buying the high mileage petrol but the rides really nice and just paid £750 for the change over I think was OK deal

During my time with IS220d it only had two problems. A rear shock when that I got changed (used part) for £70 and an injector seal leaked , the seal was £5 but labour charge was £280

Thats all for 3.5 years ownership.

You'll be more than pleased that you made the change. I went from a 57 220d SE-L to an 06 250 SE-L and paid a lot more than you did to effect the change but, it was certainly well worth it.

It's a pre-approved jobby, one previous owner with FSH and I keep it under extended warranty and will probably do so until I decide to change it.

I loved the 220d, it was the best car I had ever owned up to that point but, as I do very little mileage now, I was somewhat concerned about any problems that I might run into with the diesel by doing such low mileage. The best car I have ever owned is the 250 that I now have. It is a dream to drive in every respect, long or short journey's, I just love getting in it. The acceleration is superb and I get good mpg returns too. Whether or not it makes a difference I don't know but, I never use supermarket petrol and I always add a touch of AR6200 at every fill-up.

Enjoy your car.........................I'm sure you will

• Like 1

Hi all

I just changed my IS220d SE Red (56 plate) at 123K miles to an IS250 Auto SE bronze (56 plate) at 131 K miles

A bit nervous about buying the high mileage petrol but the rides really nice and just paid £750 for the change over I think was OK deal

During my time with IS220d it only had two problems. A rear shock when that I got changed (used part) for £70 and an injector seal leaked , the seal was £5 but labour charge was £280

Thats all for 3.5 years ownership.

I did the same, going from a 07 220d to a 10. 250. Best thing I could have done. I'm sure you will love it. The auto box is a joy.

Drove 200 miles from Slough to Leeds at 43.4 MPG door to door, doing 70mph most of the way, much better than the IS220d ever gave me.Mine was one of those with lower MPGs we see here on the forum all the time.

Drive was very smooth, didn't rev the engine much at all, just wanted to see what was the best I could achieve economy wise and very please indeed.

The colour of the car is called bronze in the MOT cert but when I looked up the colour code its called misitic gold metalic and is more common on larger cars like the LS.

One thing that is different and I don't know why is that the rear break light in the middle of the rear screen glass is clear glass but in the previous car it was red. It still glows red but the when you look it its its like crystal coloured could either one of them be after market?

...and I always add a touch of AR6200 at every fill-up.

Got me reading up about this stuff as I am a little dissapointed so far with my consumption on my IS250. With very gentle (60mph) driving mainly on dual carriageways I am getting under 30mpg.

Its doing 5mpg less driving same speeds on same roads than the 2.3l Supercharged Merc I had previously.

Had it in Toyoda Tech for an inspection and brakes last week and all was ok. Am wondering if I should check the air filter in case its manky, anything else I could check?

now that I am back in town/highway driving,mixed, the average has actually come down to just under 30. I think this may be the norm. On the motor way , I achieved 43.4 in granny driving mode.

I have taken my car to a local garage to have it checked over as I was feeling a bit nervous as it was a high mileage car with limited service history. They say car is absolutely fine and have nothing to worry about. Only needed rear brake pads changing (was advisory on last MOT as well).

Loving driving it a lot. Just so much better than IS220d. No faffing about with gears :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links