Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Strange Brake Maybe Even Suspension Please Help

Sam208

Hi guys and girls,

I hope someone can help or point me in the right direction.

I have a problem with my 2002 is200,

It started about 2 weeks ago with a slight wobble at about 60mph only I could feel it passengers couldn't that's how slight, then after a drive from one side of Milton Keynes to the other I can smell hot brakes but not even after excessive braking. that then turnt into car drifting to the right under braking but only medium to hard breaking, if you where to brake carefully it will not happen. Now when I take long left hand bends at 60 70mph I get real bad rumble that you can feel and hear. As well as everything else I have mentioned. The car runs as straight as possible and smoothly otherwise.

I hope someone can help and I apologise if there is a post similar to this already I have overlooked.

Thanks in advance, Sam

thanks Chris for the super quick response, i have just driven about 10 miles on dual carriage way with one roundabout, stopped felt the four wheels and only the nsf was hot, i replaced the rear callipers not too long ago for other reasons, in guessing your diaganosis is bang on the money...but... My question is do i fork out the hundreds of pounds for two new callipers just before Christmas or is there something i can do to confirm it is that.

If the suspect calliper wheel is hotter than the others then I'd say it was sticking.

jack the car up and try to spin the wheels by hand. Should spin freely, if stuck or grinding then calliper!

You could try to refurbish them. Take them apart, clean the slide pins, they'll be coated in rust and ******* causing them not to slide freely. Cleaning them up can fix it if they're not too bad. Mine were absolutely knackered tho and I needed new ones. £240 each for genuine from Lexus. That's £350 each fitted!! :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links