Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Is200

Guest mark_tsang

Guest mark_tsang

there is lot of IS200/300 owners here, what do you people like/dislike about this car? i.e pros/cons? bound to be some!make a list.

Example:

pros/likes:

cheap to run

wicked 'chronograph' style dials

cool rear lights, 'old skool' lots of cars copied them after IS200 came out

hold re sale value well

cons/dislike:

no trip computer like BMW 3series

steering only height adjust

no folding rear seats

no cruise control on manual gearbox, (Accord +BMW 3series has cruise control on manual)

not my opionion, just example

i own Altezza, same as IS200 & just like to see what you people like/dislike.

I'd like memory seats. Every time Simon drives the car and then I get in, I can't see over the steering wheel the seat's so low!

Cruise control would be nice for long stints on the motorway.

Apart from that, I love the look and feel of the car. The drive is great, acceleration a bit underpowered, but adequate enough.

No fuel computer, no seat lumbar adjustment, no memory for seat/mirror, lack of boot space due to the boot lid design and lack of power on the 2.0l engine. Cruise control is not an issue for me, hardly ever used it in the last 5 years I have had it on my Supra/GS300.

I would like to see the LCD Time display panel, to be linked into the radio so that you would never need to adjust the time, as it would be 'live' via the RDS system. Also a 'date' would be handy too.

The TRAFFIC controls for the radio, should have an automatic volume setting, so that if you had the stereo sound turned down, it would only come live when the TRAFFIC annoucment kicked-in and then go quiet when the annoucment was finished.

Would like 'one shot' lowering & raising on passenger side electric window.

Would like remote control opening of drivers door only, for vulnerable areas when parked.

These are just a few thing LEXUS to take into account, but otherwise this is a beautiful and most pleasurable car on the road today.

How can they ever improve on the looks of the IS200 when a new model is launched ???? ;)

Transplant the 6 manual gears to the IS300 please Mr Lexus :)

The only thing I really miss from my last 200 is the gear box, would be a blast to have it, auto is cool, E-shift is cool BUT is definitly not a manual gear box.

Agreed, a manual IS300 Sport.... please! I'd trade up today :D

My biggest grip is the paint, too prone to stone chips.

A minor gripe real-time fuel economy gauge is useless. I'd prefer an oil pressure gauge

or a decent trip computer.

Other than that, love it :wub:

Nige

Realistically, I have no gripes about the IS200. The reason I bought it was because it had everything I wanted in a car (at the time). Yes, the power was lacking, thus I purchsed a Blower, The wheels were too small, so I bought 18's, Handling was a tad soft, so I uprated the springs and roll-bars - so now I have a car that I am satisified with. Of course, you can always improve upon anything, but the IS for me is a fantastic all round car (ESPECIALLY NOW.....).

:zee:

Most of the things I'd like are minor things:

One shot windows all round,

Radio stuff on steering column

Auto lock when car starts moving

A wife that doesn't kerb your front wheen (only joking :D )

Split folding rear seats (Oops - isn't that the sportcross?)

Driver door only opening

Quite frankly I love the beast.

Guest mark_tsang

minor things i dont like:

cant central lock/unlock from passenger door, a feature my old mazda 323f had, some will say down to lazyness, also for convenience when passenger side is nearest

no light/ilumination on exterior door handle key hole, good when dark outside, also got on my old mazda 323f.

'error' message on head unit, common fault i heard.

everything else i like.

and.......................................................................

On manual geared IS's, a LED display showing what gear you are in would be helpful. :)

Because this is a VERY (revs only drop between 400 to 500 rpm per gear change) Close-Ratio gearbox, sometimes im unsure whether im in 4th or 6th ? ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links