Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Gb - Is This For Real?

Hi all, just had a call from Lexus GB wanting my feedback on a car. They want to drop a lexus 300h off for me to drive over a 4 day period and then would like my feedback on it afterwards. They drop it off and collect it.

Has anyone else ever had this before?

• Like 1

Following and accident and the write-off of my 2009 IS250 SEL auto a few weeks ago, I visited my local Lexus dealer to search for a replacement. I was offered a brand-new 300h (a top of the range version, I think but cannot be sure) for within a few pounds the same price as a top of the range brand-new IS250 auto. The suggestion was that Lexus are very keen to boost the desirability of the 300h by putting a goodly number on the road as mobile adverts, as it were. Perhaps the offer you have had, GaryD1975, is part of a strategy to boost the image of this model.

For what it's worth, I did not test-drive the 300h but was driven around by one of the sales staff (at the time, I was still suffering from the effects of my accident and was not up to driving). I was not particularly impressed with the car, apart from the very attractive price being offered. It was no quieter than my 2009 IS250, particularly when accelerating, and did not seem quite as smooth. My annual mileage is very low so the fuel economy advantage has little attraction for me, and the additional complication of a dual power source and the loss of boot space because of the need for batteries is, to me, a down side.

I opted for the top of the range IS250 auto and, after 650 miles, am very pleased with it. The main advantages over the superseded IS250 are a bigger boot space, fold-down rear seats and more leg-room for rear-seat passengers. The interior has been re-vamped and the controls are rather more modern, but, otherwise, there's not much difference. I haven't heard (yet!!!) any dashboard rattles and the seats, and ride, are harder than the previous model. I am still undecided about the exterior styling - it's a bit too close to the sort of cars that ordinary people drive!!!!!

Ishaq - serious - this might work:

Go to B&Q and buy some foam 15mm pipe lagging.

Cut it lengthways in half and half again (i.e. like a quadrant when viewed at profile).

Now take a piece of this and push it between the screen and dash. If you want, tie a bit of string to it so that you can pull it out again/adjust it. This may resolve your problems.

My IS220d was probably one of the first in the UK where a dealer tried to fix it - before the Lexus diagnosis - and this did work!! It was fine for 2.5 years -and I sold the car like that, but the noises had gone.

You try this at your own risk - lol - I accept no responsibility for anything that might go wrong with it!!!

Cut it lengthways in half and half again (i.e. like a quadrant when viewed at profile).

Now take a piece of this and push it between the screen and dash. If you want, tie a bit of string to it so that you can pull it out again/adjust it. This may resolve your problems.

My IS220d was probably one of the first in the UK where a dealer tried to fix it - before the Lexus diagnosis - and this did work!! It was fine for 2.5 years -and I sold the car like that, but the noises had gone.

You try this at your own risk - lol - I accept no responsibility for anything that might go wrong with it!!!

Thank you SA....sounds like a good idea, I shall try this over the weekend.

At my own risk...LOL

Currently I have cheap rubber door stoppers cut in half and wedged in!!!

Friend: Whats that shoved in your dash/windscreen

Me: oh...they are sensors

Friend: Wow....I have always wanted a Lexus man!!!

Me: :whistling::whistling::whistling: :whistling: -

Thanks for all your help!!

At my own risk...LOL

I had my dash clips changed and it rattled in a different place afterwards.

I got some form from Lexus, it's black in colour and expands once fitted in place. It's quite a soft feel to it. I place three pieces, all folded in half to double its thickness, one either side by A- pillars between dash and screen and one centrally.

I have had no rattles return since doing this.

I think part of the key is using the right type of foam odd as that may seem.

Carl

At my own risk...LOL

I got some form from Lexus, it's black in colour and expands once fitted in place. It's quite a soft feel to it. I place three pieces, all folded in half to double its thickness, one either side by A- pillars between dash and screen and one centrally.

Carl

Thanks Carl,

So did you purchase that foam from Lexus?

At my own risk...LOL

Carl

Thanks Carl,

So did you purchase that foam from Lexus?

A nice man from Lexus gave it to me.

If you pm'd me your address I'd be happy to send you some to try as I have a bit left over. You don't need much.

Because it is softer it allows for expansion and contraction. A hard rubber will probably do very little as soon as the temperatures start changing.

Carl

Carl

Thanks Carl,

So did you purchase that foam from Lexus?A nice man from Lexus gave it to me.

If you pm'd me your address I'd be happy to send you some to try as I have a bit left over. You don't need much.

Because it is softer it allows for expansion and contraction. A hard rubber will probably do very little as soon as the temperatures start changing.

Carl

Wow thanks Carl!!

PM sent.

Thank you for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot Carl... Those pads you gave me worked a treat!!!! No more dash noise.

I love my car now!!

Thank you for all your help... Those pads were so easy and squeegee that once pushed in it expands around the dash and windscreen.

No problem. I think part of solving the issue is just having the right type of sponge. As you say this is very soft yet expands once in place.

Hope the rattles stay in check.

Carl

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links