Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Parking Brake Warning Light

eekamaouse

Hello,

I bought a fantastic a very dark green LS430 yesterday in Derby and travelled back to Reading in the smoothest journey back ever.

However, last night a triangle warning light went on (flashing) along with a bleep, and the information stated "parking brake". The car drives fine. When I stop by applying the brake, the warning light goes off. But as soon as I drive, it bleeps once, and the warning triangle flashes on with the parking brake comment.

Can anyone please advice.

Thank you.

Congratulations on your purchase.

The warning light according to the manual can be caused by one of two things.

Parking brake not fully released,there is a switch mounted on the parking brake which detects the position of the lever which may be faulty or misadjusted or the brake cables are sticking not allowing the full release of the brakes, needs checking from front to back from under the car.

Brake fluid low so easy to check and top up if required, if the light goes off when you press the service brakes this may be the one to check.

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your help. I am a scientist of many years of experience.....but that does not stop me from being really stupid.

As I mentioned, I bought the LS430 yesterday, and found the above issue. And so I drove it to my local Lexus dealer (Reading), and their very nice, qualified techy guy said "you do know that there is a parking brake pedal, and it's slightly depressed, hence the warning light - just pull the brake release pedal"....I felt like the young Caine (Grasshopper) in the 70's series Kung Fu, in front of The Master.

So, I can sleep again. And let me tell you that friends of mine in a good local pub, some of whom have high end cars absolutely loved my car.

I am posting some pictures on a previous blog "Seduced by the LS400"...except now, mad about the LS430.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links