Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rear Fogs

Stu

how legal is it if i get a can of self tint and do them myself then? and how good will it look?! :P

I don't think anyone has tried this :huh: Tell you what, you try it and post some piccies and we'll tell you how it looks :D

They'll only be legal if they light up red when they're on :whistling:

ok, the tint and laquer are on the rear fogs, they are almost black to look at when the lights are off, but when they are on, they are as red as they were before i tinted them! B)

wll post piccies when i can upload them! :P :hehe: :P

Stu :D

Cant wait to see the piccies mate, how do they look then? I might do mine black, could look cool on my black IS. i want to get some black chrome front and rear lights too, will have to do it sneakily though cos the missus thinks all our money should be spent on refurbing the house! Funnily enough tho she doesnt have a problem with us getting a late deal and buggering off to the sunshine for 2 weeks :o

i have to say they look pretty cool! the tint and laquer have cracked a little bit on one of them, but i can just take it all off and do it again if it starts to bother me! :P

It's really easy to do (if you have a basic knowledge of spray painting!) and very cheap too! the tint spray was £10, and the laquer was about £5 i think. :winky:

A little patience + a small amount of cash + and a couple of hours = top results! B)

I really would reccomend this if you don't want to pay silly prices for new lenses! :hehe: :P :hehe:

Stu :winky:

could you use a bit of window tint vinyl??

the problem is that it will not resist the weather and it is no easy to do as it is absolutely not a plane surface. You will have to heat it with an hairdryer but you might burn it or the fog.

Transparent black lacquer is the best choice. It is the way I tinted my headlights orange thingy

the problem is that it will not resist the weather and it is no easy to do as it is absolutely not a plane surface. You will have to heat it with an hairdryer but you might burn it or the fog.

Transparent black lacquer is the best choice. It is the way I tinted my headlights orange thingycould you use a bit of window tint vinyl??

I take it this is an all in one product and just a case of spraying and leaving with no coating afterwards?

Seems good. I'll give my fogs a go - they are a bit too clear as my rear lights are smoked.

Where do you get it and what is it called?

I use Motip transparent black lacquer (yellow 600mL spray can, 10 euros => £8) Rally Series. I bought it in an car centre, you should find it in anyone or in moped/scooter shops. (In France Norauto, Eldorauto or Autobacs, don't know if they are in the UK).

There is also Tamiya smoke spray for r/c models windows but it is far more expensive. (15 euros for 200mL)

i promise i will get some pictures uploaded asap, but my dad has taken his digital camera away on holiday with him, and i can't upload from mine on to this computer, bcoz the computer is **** and won't let me do it! :P

Sorry guys! :hehe:

nxt weekend they will be here! B)

Stu

i promise i will get some pictures uploaded asap, but my dad has taken his digital camera away on holiday with him, and i can't upload from mine on to this computer, bcoz the computer is **** and won't let me do it! :P

Sorry guys! :hehe:

nxt weekend they will be here! B)

Stu

Hi Stu,

I believe it is now 'next weekend' :whistling:

:lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links