Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and wondered if someone could help me please.

I have just had both front doors replaced on my 2004 LS430. I have now noticed that the size of the door gaps, between the door edges and wing edges, varies from side to side. In particular, on the driver's side, the gap at the bottom of the door's front edge, on the plastic trim section, is about 10mm wide. Also, the wing and door faces, are not entirely flush. The strange thing though, is that the gap where the front and rear doors meet in the middle, looks right.

Taking this into consideration and everything else I have said, is there a possibility that the new doors could be a slightly different size, compared to the original doors?

I have also noticed a lot more wind noise coming from the drivers door and this appears to be in the vicinity of the front section of the door.

I would appreciate if anyone could throw any light on this please and perhaps could give me the exact dimensions of what size the doors should be.

Thank you.

Can't help with dimensions, sorry, but if the job was warranty for corrosion or insurance for damage, just take it straight back to the repairers, as, at the very least, it needs adjusting.

Thanks Michael

The car is going back tomorrow and hopefully they will be able to sort it out. However, what worries me will be the impact any adjustments will have on the gaps that look correct.

Regards

Thanks Steve, that would be very helpful.

The measurement I need is the length of the main section of the drivers front door. The maximum horizontal dimension from the door edge to the edge, next to the wing would be great.

Thanks again.

Hi

The reason was that the paint was bubbling ( rust) above the middle chrome trims on both doors. The inner sections on the doors also look new, so I'm presuming the entire door has been replaced. I had a mark 5, LS400 and it never suffered from this problem, although I have seen on some forums that some 430's do.

Regards

The reason I asked is that it is unlikely they will renew a whole door for corrosion on the face skin and it sounds like they have put new skins on and thats all .If this as not been done properly and by a Time served body builder it is quite likely that they will not be precise factory dimensions.Take it back and ask the question then show them the faults, they can't argue, Lexus pride themselves on the gap between body parts being the best . The workshop manual shows what gap is supposed to be right round the car on all skin fittings and without digging it out I know from what you have said already its way out.

Thanks for that and I will certainly not let them off the hook.

It would be good to know what the factory dimensions are and if you did ever dig them out or if anyone else knows them, I would really appreciate knowing.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links