Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mkii Gs300 ('98) To Mkiigs300 (' Post '00)? Satnav?

Hello guys,

I am sure I have seen it somewhere but cannot remember or find it :(

My GS has the 4:3 SatNav built in with the A/C, Stereo and Satnav controls all integraded in the touchscreen.

First of all is it difficult and or possible to change the unit (incl the boot NAV CD reader with a DVD one) with the 16:9 one??

Is it meant to be a straight swap? since the car already has a SatNav built in?

I have found a couple GS's with SatNav and are the facelifted one's where I could obtain the system I guess.

Cheers

I have a facelift SatNav in mine.

If you can find out if I can put in a std climate control panel & everything works so I can put an aftermarket system in, I'll sell you mine.

I do not think it is that easy... to convert from a NAV to a non NAV ... as there are amendmends that need to be done in the wiring loom :S

Yea funny I thought that might be the case.

I had mine out & it appears to be only one plug for the air con, but that seems way to easy.

It's the other 6 or 7 plugs that worry me.

My mate owns a car audio place & it looks the only option is to see if we can get an iPod/iPhone loom to plug into where the changer in the glovebox plugs into the main unit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links