Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ls400 Air Con Compressor, Good Price?

Price is ok as long as it works

What's up with yours?

Mine is making a noise when it's running, sounds like the sound you get from knackered bearings, fine when it's switched off. The guy said the car he's breaking is running and the air con is ice cold, so I guess it's better in the long run to replace it rather than looking at possible repairs, especially if the old one has to come off to have work done anyway.

The important thing here is ,as soon as you receive that compressor treat it like a heart transplant, do not try to connect and install yourself unless you are a A/C tech .The evacuation of the old system and re-install of the gases and pag oil as to be done with the correct equipment otherwise you will trash the new intallation .

The important thing here is ,as soon as you receive that compressor treat it like a heart transplant, do not try to connect and install yourself unless you are a A/C tech .The evacuation of the old system and re-install of the gases and pag oil as to be done with the correct equipment otherwise you will trash the new intallation .

Thanks for that, I'm going to get it done properly, I needed to make sure the mechanic would fit a second hand part as he only likes to use genuine parts, but he said he would. I suppose although it's second hand it is technically genuine! He is Lexus trained (and a Lexus owner) and the most trustworthy mechanic I've ever come across.

You can have the bearing replaced easy enough. I did one last year on my Landcruiser.

He did say the clutch bearing can be replaced but I just thought it would be easier to swap the units and be done with it, I'm not convinced it's working 100% anyway.

And JPJ, I'm not sure what it will cost, but he told me it's an easy job. I want to have a new auxiliary belt as well so that can be done at the same time.

I'd be interested to know what you end up paying to have it done. It's near the bottom of the engine (I think) and not the easiest thing to get to.

I also think there is an internal bearing which often goes even when the one by the aux belt is ok (hard to hear the difference between the two) so I think the safest thing is to swap the whole unit rather than just the front bearing.

I'd be interested to know what you end up paying to have it done. It's near the bottom of the engine (I think) and not the easiest thing to get to.

I also think there is an internal bearing which often goes even when the one by the aux belt is ok (hard to hear the difference between the two) so I think the safest thing is to swap the whole unit rather than just the front bearing.

Well the part should come Tuesday so I'll get it booked in asap. The guy breaking the car is so helpful, he even took the time to remind me that they don't like moisture, so it needs fitting quickly rather than lying around in a garage. He said that's why he leaves it on the car until someone buys it. This is his eBay id, worth remembering if you need parts for a MK4. catsmoothbekbek He's also the seller I bought my spare key from.

Good job now fit a new bearing in the clutch of the old compressor and sell it to get some money back. Easy job now the compressors off.

Silly me, I didn't think of asking for the old one. Never mind, I'm just glad to get it sorted for relatively little money. Ambermarine's info on treating it like a heart transplant was good, getting it fitted before the elements get to it. Makes you wonder what the others you see on eBay are like, left lying around for ages in the cold and damp until someone buys them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links