Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Stain On Tarmac Beneath Car

Today i thought i would inspect the tarmac where i usually park. although other people park there too but most of the time its me. i saw a strange wet patch on the ground. but wasnt too sure if it was from my car as i usually park within a line which would mean my car would not be on top of this stain. so later got home parked up for 5 minutes and made sure its behind that stain. Went out again and as i drove off noticed a small patch right in the middle (not beneath the engine but beneath where gear shifter is. It looks quiet fresh and shiny wet like water. Wasnt big, about a 10cm diameter circle maybe. looked under the car and cannot see anything dripping and wondering where and what this can be. I thought maybe condensation from AC but the nights are cold now and most of the time i'm getting heating not a/c. Cant see any stains or traces of something leaking out of the car.

Any ideas?

As Chris says more than likely the AC condensor drain pipe whch exits in the area you describe, had me worried a couple of times, had my brother running after me once when I drove off his drive thinking I was losing something critical.

Thanks guys, but if it's AC condensation then its water which should dry out pretty quick shouldnt it? i will go have a look shortly to see if there is any new spots and if the old ones have dried.

ok so i lined up my car with the very first spot of stain on the tarmac to see if it was my car where it would be from. that stain doest line up to anything that has oil on my car, its way too much to the edge close to the kerb. the second patch that i noticed yesterday is probably water because i cant seem to see it today. i opened up all the engine covers and intake pieces to inspect for any visual oil leaks. engine bay seems to be clean as it can get. No sign of any oil leak. i crawled under the car to look for any oil marks on the engine undertray. its all 100% clean no sign of any oil. also checked the under carriage on the centre of the car and the back and no sign of any oil stains. so maybe it is water after all.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links