Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Omg! Loving My Is250 Compared To My 220D

Well i never!!!!!

I used to have an 220d but due to gearbox issues i got rid and got myself an IS250. Good god! what a difference! Dont get me wrong the 220d was wonderful and did the job exactly but the 250 is a different breed in my eyes. I just love driving it. I like all the silly extras like the rear sun blind which even automatically goes down when you put it in reverse lol.

Love the Park assist and colour camera though still not used to it, i like my mirrors. The engine is so smooth, my wife commented on the difference straight away.

I tried the PWR button today and oh my god........what a difference it makes, its roars like a tiger when setting off and has a wicked punchy sporty feel to it specially when braking as it gears down more aggressively.

Loving the Levison Stereo although i need to mod the DVD so missus can watch a film while on a journey (i know its not allowed but im not daft either, i look at the screen anyway with the sat nav)

All in all i love this car, like i say just the silly extras like sun blind, custom seat settings (very useful with the missus been taller than me so no more fiddling about) the auto tint rear view mirror etc etc. Such a pleasure to drive.

Also I am getting better fuel economy than the diesel which has suprised me!

well i have had my say, im like a kid with a new toy, think i i will be using the PWR button tonight to get me home quicker to see if my GTA 5 has come !!!

Pics to follow when i can hold the camera still from all the excitement!

• Like 1

Got an 06 plate and got it for £5100, 54,000 on the clock, full Lexus Service history and a 6 month parts and labour warranty with 12 months MOT and Tax! Not sure how good that is but im very happy.

I only had to put 600 quid to as i got 4500 for the 220d.

and yes Normski you was right!!

Just spotted the new avatar. Nice interior..same as mine! Keeps it nice and light and airy and cool.

Check out the heated/cooled seats....very useful.

Use the rear blind at night...softens headlight glare.

Had the seat on warm this morning lol and yes once i have calmed down its just a very nice comfy cruise machine. Love the cream interior. Like you say keep it nice and airy. In my opinion looks more expensive than one with black leather.

I just signed up for Gold membership too, may have to attend a few club meets maybe next summer

They are great cars, I usually drive the 220 as I do more miles but whenever I drive the 250 it just feels so much smoother plus like yours it's an SE-l with all the toys. I even have the sunroof on mine.

I find the blind particularly satisfying when Mr Audi pulls up to my boot on the motorway as the often impatient drivers do and I put the blind up. It's kinda like saying up yours. Almost thought about sticking a finger on my blind, that could be novel.lol

• Like 2

Gary, seems like you are having alot of fun!!!

I too have the Lexus IS250 which I have owned for three months now and love it!!!

Only problem is that my insurance company reward me with bonus points for driving smoothly and within limits, however I have recieved none for the last three months :innocent:

I love it when at the traffic lights as the take off is insane!!!!

• Like 1

Got an 06 plate and got it for £5100, 54,000 on the clock, full Lexus Service history and a 6 month parts and labour warranty with 12 months MOT and Tax! Not sure how good that is but im very happy.

I only had to put 600 quid to as i got 4500 for the 220d.

and yes Normski you was right!!

Wow! that's an absolute steal................well done. I also replaced a 220d but can't get anywhere near the same mpg with the 250. Your 220d but have been a poor example methinks. I went up to Bristol recently, about 150mile round trip and the computer was showing 43.7 on arrival at home and having driven at speeds between 70 and 80 mph. I am more than pleased with that but I would have got more out of the 220d but, as you have already discovered, the 250 is a much better car all round, so continue to enjoy.

I may have to part with my 250 (unfortunately) as I need a heavier car to tow my newly acquired caravan.

Geoff...are you going to tell him about the P40 wing mirror flip up kit when the car is locked (on the earlier model...it is a feature on the facelift version)? Methinks Gary might be interested in that. :whistling:

• Like 1

Absolutely the right move. Stick to what Lexus do best - Petrol Auto's! And don't be surprised that you can get as good if not better MPG - I've been saying it since 2006 when I got my IS220d, and then had a courtesy car that was IS250 Auto....and realised what a mistake I'd made! Most IS220d's are pretty poor MPG wise compared to the IS250. Mine was not very good at all.Low 20's in town (same as IS250) and mid 30's, occasionally low 40's on a run - again generally no better than an IS250 Auto. especially when you consider that derv costs more!

I may have to part with my 250 (unfortunately) as I need a heavier car to tow my newly acquired caravan.

Blimey Geoff that's a bind.

What about a lightweight tent!!

Yes I am absolutely gutted at the thought of parting with my 250. I have just renewed my warranty with Lexus (a further 12months) I haven't made a final decision about towing at the moment. I may just leave the van on a seasonal pitch all of the time. If I do decide to tow, I am considering an RX as a replacement for the IS.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links