Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is 300H Se - Standard Audio Problems.

Evening all

Just had the dellivery of my new IS300h SE on Tuesday - Its poverty spec with no extras and black paint - but Ilove it

Managed to get 65 mpg on mixed A road / village driving on my way to work the other day - so well impressed.

The only issues I have had is with regards the standard audio system and was wondering if it was just me with these problems:-[

DAB refuses to tune into anything

Does not recognise my USB stick

IPOD disconnects itself after a few seconds playing the first song

Bluetooth Mobile phone connection keeps disconnecting and re connecting.

Everything else - such as the brilliant handling - comfiest seats etc etc im very happy with. Just dissapointed with the stereo!

Welcome to the forum Derv!

Even in 'poverty' spec you've still got a cracking car and that mpg is really good!

I'm afraid I can't help with the audio problems, but my Bluetooth audio also keeps dropping although the phone stays connected. I'm not sure if the stereo system is brand new or been in use with the 250 for a while. Hopefully someone with a bit more experience can lend a hand.

Evening all

Just had the dellivery of my new IS300h SE on Tuesday - Its poverty spec with no extras and black paint - but Ilove it

Managed to get 65 mpg on mixed A road / village driving on my way to work the other day - so well impressed.

The only issues I have had is with regards the standard audio system and was wondering if it was just me with these problems:-[

DAB refuses to tune into anything

Does not recognise my USB stick

IPOD disconnects itself after a few seconds playing the first song

Bluetooth Mobile phone connection keeps disconnecting and re connecting.

Everything else - such as the brilliant handling - comfiest seats etc etc im very happy with. Just dissapointed with the stereo!

Hi Derv,

I had some issues with phone and I pod, in the end I used the apple cable from I pod to USB cable and selected that on the set up audio page.

Check the compatility of your phone on the Lexus portl website, it will tell you the functionality if listed.

Check DAB availability in your area, when I first accessed that tab nothing appeared. In set up I think you can select the stations once the software has had time to scan for stations.

I find the USB cable for the phone is the most reliable connection method.

Good Luck!

I think you may well be right about wired over wireless, but as the Bluetooth option is there it would be good if it worked reliably.Makes me chuckle that we have these cracking motors and its the technology stuff that gets us going.

Hi DJP

I agree but sometimes it can be very time consuming to get it all working at once. I think you can't connect more than one Bluetooth at a time.

The wired option. for I pod is great, charges it and the album covers come up quick on the screen.

Bluetooth connnection for the phone is slow particularly if your mobile displays a picture next to the contact, wired is quicker to connect and load up.

BT phone connection kept dropping contacts and favourites and I had set I up several times. Wired is fine and my contacts pictures come up on screen.

A conversation to have with service at Lexus I guess.

The live view connection is limited to a small numbers of phones. Have to use wi fi to connect, disappointed about that, but c'est la vie!

Hi Derv, There's been a few comments on the www.clublexus.com forum which might be useful, for example, http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-third-generation/702255-laggy-audio-system.html Hope you get this sorted ASAP and that it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of what seems a truly great car. Please let us know how you get on with this issue and generally with your new car.

Thanks for that - Makes very interesting reading.

However no one else seems to be having the DAB problem.

I'm in an area with good reception - the portable DAB radio in the house picks up all the channels.

But I've only managed to pick up one weak signal of a local Northamptonshire station - No Radio 1 / 2 ?

I wonder if its anything to do with the aerial design - my old Fiat coupe used to have an integrated aerial which didnt pick up good reception.

Assume you have gone to a local Park & Set-Up your Audio from scratch to eliminate any interference & ensure Auto-Tune etc. is set.

The Dealer set mine & it is perfect but I still checked the Settings in SET-UP as the above was crucial on my ISF.

Tel

Thanks all for the advice.

Today made lots of progress.

IPOD works fine now not changed any settings - but its fixed itself.

USB sticks - it doesn't recognise any older ones - but plug in a new one and bingo!

DAB radio - managed to get it working ! Woo Woo! Hovever i played arround a bit with the presets and they all disapeared. Despite atempting to re tune and search for new stations non apear! Doh! I'm hoping with a bit more fidling they might turn up!

Bluetooth hands free - Still disconnects and re connects with the phone every few mins without any reason - so I have temporarily given up with it as it is unusable and I find the text telling me it's disconnected and reconnected on the screen distracting.

On the plus side - had a very pleasant drive through the traffic of Nottingham today. Nevre have i been so relaxed with no clutch pedal and gears to worry about whilst wafting along in near silence.

54 mpg was achieved driving arround the city for most of the day. Pretty impressive! I love seeing the MPG value go up when your crawlng in traffic!!

Thanks all for the advice.

Today made lots of progress.

IPOD works fine now not changed any settings - but its fixed itself.

USB sticks - it doesn't recognise any older ones - but plug in a new one and bingo!

DAB radio - managed to get it working ! Woo Woo! Hovever i played arround a bit with the presets and they all disapeared. Despite atempting to re tune and search for new stations non apear! Doh! I'm hoping with a bit more fidling they might turn up!

Bluetooth hands free - Still disconnects and re connects with the phone every few mins without any reason - so I have temporarily given up with it as it is unusable and I find the text telling me it's disconnected and reconnected on the screen distracting.

On the plus side - had a very pleasant drive through the traffic of Nottingham today. Nevre have i been so relaxed with no clutch pedal and gears to worry about whilst wafting along in near silence.

54 mpg was achieved driving arround the city for most of the day. Pretty impressive! I love seeing the MPG value go up when your crawlng in traffic!!

Thought I had the favourites fixed in T phone, they all disappeared today. Software patch maybe required?

Can't fault anything else. Getting 47 mpg out and about and one 20 mile run on A road at 58mpg.

What mobile phone is it? iphones work great!!

Not quite 100% for me, the favourites dropped and had to be deselected, and occasionally the Bluetooth audio connection fails. The phone connection is better than on my old IS250 though.

Still learning and enjoying every second!

Got a Sony Xperia Z - which worked fine in my old 5 Series.

Think my problems are getting worse - now it wont detect my ipod - which worked fine yesterday!

Doh!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links