Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I''m looking to change my factory stereo out for an aftermarket model, anyone know where I can find a spacer(to fill in the gaps) for a reasonable price? tried the local stores here in Japan, and they want $489 for it, someone please help me out, cause that's more than the radio..... :shutit:

Hi Chase303,

You could always make your own, double back some stiff hard-board and then cut out the shape required, once you have fitting the radio casing, just put some covering over to hide the hard-board,

As they say - Here's one I did last week - http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/Misc/P8160018

Good Luck, It took me about 2 days to make and cover ready for the radio and fitting into the motor

Paul

paul

that looks a good job mate.

is that a complete unit you've covered, or are they seperate as in the ventilation control panel and the double din radio

also where did you get the wood effect from and how much approx? :question:

not happy with mine and was really impressed by yours

cheers m8

jay

Cheers Jay,

The radio and the heating unit are bolted together using the bracket behind the dash, just took out the radio, rigged up a bracket that would hold and support the Hard-Board, put the radio in and after everything was dry from the resin, I used fablon from "AutoCraze" up North, they are nearly "Wilderness" cheap as H**l to, about £15.00 for a big roll and then covered all of the heating unit and the radio space as well. Will be doing the 2 vents later today to make it look a complete unit. B)

The Amp is now in the boot and the ICE is sounding good inside the car, not a dam thing is heard outside the car - just way I like it. :lol:

Paul

Will B posting Piccs l8r for the vents, as for AutoCraze, their # is - 0161 799 9726, or the W/S is - www.autocraze.co.uk, speak 2 Tony, good chap, he'll look after U, just let him know that U know either me or Matt from LOC, he help U.

• 3 months later...

Hi Paul

Your Head unit replacement looks great.

Have you connected the new head unit to the old wiring.

I mean have you managed to connect to the amp in the boot

via the Lexus wiring or have you replaced it all with new ICE.

I'm looking to replace the standard head unit with an Alpine

but was going to connect the pre-out's to the standard amp in the boot.

If not has anybody got a lexus stereo wiring diagram?

Cheers Spence :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links