Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Worry Free (!) Driving Now New Cambelt Fitted

Just picked up car after having new cam belt fitted, so no more worries as I did let it go 4K past recommended mileage and the old one was 8 years old. Though the garage said it looked in fair shape.

Had it done at Gas & Go in Swindon, and was amazed to only pay £267 which was cam + auxiliary belt. No need to tensioners etc, and as the guy is ex-Lexus dealer mechanic and a GS430 driver felt in safe hands. One of the tidiest workshops I have seen in a long time as well

So if anyone needs a new belt and can afford the rail fares on First Great Western (Gas and Go is a 5 minute walk from Swindon Station), then might be worth checking them out.

http://www.lexusandtoyotaservicing.co.uk/Colorus/colorus/cambelts.html

It was some other member who recommended them to me, and they will be getting my business for the future.

Apparently they are also into bike racing, but two wheels with an engine seems unnatural to me!

Just picked up car after having new cam belt fitted, so no more worries as I did let it go 4K past recommended mileage and the old one was 8 years old. Though the garage said it looked in fair shape.

Had it done at Gas & Go in Swindon, and was amazed to only pay £267 which was cam + auxiliary belt. No need to tensioners etc, and as the guy is ex-Lexus dealer mechanic and a GS430 driver felt in safe hands. One of the tidiest workshops I have seen in a long time as well

So if anyone needs a new belt and can afford the rail fares on First Great Western (Gas and Go is a 5 minute walk from Swindon Station), then might be worth checking them out.

It was some other member who recommended them to me, and they will be getting my business for the future.

Apparently they are also into bike racing, but two wheels with an engine seems unnatural to me!

I may bear them in mind. The guy I use is Lexus trained and he also said replacing the tensioner etc isn't really necessary. Was there no mention of replacing the water pump, and do they do it in a day?

I may bear them in mind. The guy I use is Lexus trained and he also said replacing the tensioner etc isn't really necessary. Was there no mention of replacing the water pump, and do they do it in a day?

Basically they said they would replace what needed replacing, and said they would advise me if anything other than belts needed doing.

They did do it in one day, but they preferred me to let them have it for two days, just in case, which was not a problem for me. Looking at the time charged, they took 3 hours to do the job, so no reason why if no major hiccups they could save you a return trip.

Mind you there is not a lot to do in Swindon, unless you take a bike and go off and do a bit of exercise on some of the old railway cycle tracks

They also seem to have a bit of sniff about to see if anything else (non cam-belt related) needs later consideration.

Basically they said they would replace what needed replacing, and said they would advise me if anything other than belts needed doing.

They did do it in one day, but they preferred me to let them have it for two days, just in case, which was not a problem for me. Looking at the time charged, they took 3 hours to do the job, so no reason why if no major hiccups they could save you a return trip.

Mind you there is not a lot to do in Swindon, unless you take a bike and go off and do a bit of exercise on some of the old railway cycle tracks

They also seem to have a bit of sniff about to see if anything else (non cam-belt related) needs later consideration.

Thanks, I may give them a go. I've been quoted £530 with new water pump and tensioner etc.

The price of cam belt replacement seems to have gone into free fall. Mike

Perhaps they only took of the belt covers,cranked the engine over and sprayed the belt with fresh black paint! :) :) :)

Nah but three hours is good going, is there less to strip out on the 430 engine than the 400 then?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links