Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

For The Bikers Out There

Lexmanic

They still need to learn to ride properly and not like the idiots that most of them do. Mike

Really I suppose in the event of a collision with a bike your one of those drivers that would say "he came from nowhere officer" A comment that really means "I wasn't looking officer" but God forbid that such a driver would admit it.

Fact: Most incidents involving a bike and a car are the fault of the car driver That's why the Highways Agency display signs which say "Think Bike"

They still need to learn to ride properly and not like the idiots that most of them do. Mike

Really I suppose in the event of a collision with a bike your one of those drivers that would say "he came from nowhere officer" A comment that really means "I wasn't looking officer" but God forbid that such a driver would admit it.

Fact: Most incidents involving a bike and a car are the fault of the car driver That's why the Highways Agency display signs which say "Think Bike"

I know this may sound a tad judgemental, but why is it that there seems to be a law for motorcyclists and another for car drivers. What I mean is, why do you rarely see motorbikes doing 30 in a 30 limit? It's not just the odd one, most seem to do it. Confession time, I know I used to!

Actually I would tell the police the truth and tell them that the motor cyclist was driving like a complete nutcase, like 99% of them do. Figures can be massaged to say anything. Mike

What the Highways Agency should sign up is "Motorcyclist! that car you've just undertook at 120mph could make your children fatherless" or "Biker think DEATH"

How rarely do you see a MC doing 70mph on motorways? I went to Yorkshire last week and I never saw one, but saw plenty overtaking everything in sight and trying to get to the mortuary at some speed.

I know this may sound a tad judgemental, but why is it that there seems to be a law for motorcyclists and another for car drivers. What I mean is, why do you rarely see motorbikes doing 30 in a 30 limit? It's not just the odd one, most seem to do it. Confession time, I know I used to!

At least this motorcyclist admits to the truth.

Rear View Helmet cams? So you can see a car approaching you from the rear to suddenly overtake you at high speed or just how close you were to that cars front wing as you pulled in quickly to avoid a head on collision!

Perhaps it also has an AV input so you can watch a good movie on the move in your HUD ( Helmet Up Display).

That was then, my motorcycle days are well and truly behind me now. I came off a couple of times, one was due to going too fast, I'm very, very fortunate not to have been badly injured. Now I prefer 4 wheels and absolutely no wind in my hair. Although I did go for a ride in my mates MX5 the other day with the top down and really enjoyed it, but still not for me.

That was then, my motorcycle days are well and truly behind me now. I came off a couple of times, one was due to going too fast, I'm very, very fortunate not to have been badly injured. Now I prefer 4 wheels and absolutely no wind in my hair. Although I did go for a ride in my mates MX5 the other day with the top down and really enjoyed it, but still not for me.

Bikes have always terrified me, the one thing my Mum & Dad never had to worry about.

We lost my sister in laws son 22 last year, he hit a tree on a 50mph road doing they estimate 120mph.

His mum couldn't even kiss him goodbye as they wouldn't let her see what was left of him. Mike

So sad to say it wasn't the bike it was his foolishness that caused his untimely death And at that speed being in a car would probably not have saved him.

Also I very much doubt he hit the tree at 120mph AND its very difficult, after the event, to determine a vehicles speed once it exceeds 30mph even skid marks (if they exist) aren't very accurate. A guesstimate is usually based on the evidence of eye witnesses who's ability to determine a vehicles speed isn't much good.

I once ran an experiment where a bike passed witnesses at 30mph but in 2nd gear then passed the same witnesses again at 30mph but in top 6th gear Needless to say the increased engine noise caused them to think the 1st pass was at a much greater speed than the 2nd The 1st guess was 50mph & the 2nd pass, in top gear, was 20mph

So sad to say it wasn't the bike it was his foolishness that caused his untimely death And at that speed being in a car would probably not have saved him.

Also I very much doubt he hit the tree at 120mph AND its very difficult, after the event, to determine a vehicles speed once it exceeds 30mph even skid marks (if they exist) aren't very accurate. A guesstimate is usually based on the evidence of eye witnesses who's ability to determine a vehicles speed isn't much good.

I once ran an experiment where a bike passed witnesses at 30mph but in 2nd gear then passed the same witnesses again at 30mph but in top 6th gear Needless to say the increased engine noise caused them to think the 1st pass was at a much greater speed than the 2nd The 1st guess was 50mph & the 2nd pass, in top gear, was 20mph

We all bow to your much greater knowledge.

remember "There's none so blind as those who will not see"

I never realized that this site contained so many biker haters & by the way I am an expert or was before I retired AND my knowledge of these thing is greater than most

As for not being able to see its clear that for some reason you don't like bikes OR bikers

I never realized that this site contained so many biker haters & by the way I am an expert or was before I retired AND my knowledge of these thing is greater than most

As for not being able to see its clear that for some reason you don't like bikes OR bikers

Your knowledge of all things is amazing providing that the gullible take everything you say is truth and nothing but the truth. You even know more about a member of our family who was killed in a motorcycle accident more than we do.

I personally have never liked motorcycles I think they are dangerous and most motorcyclists go out of their way to demonstrate to the rest of the motoring public just how dangerous they are in the hands of idiots which is the majority or riders.

I drive up motorways at the speed limit 70mph and occasionally my speedo is showing 76mph but my digital sat nav is saying 70mph which is the true speed, However I get many many cars going past me at speed some make it look as though I am at standstill and who is overtaking the cars? yes the idiot bikers. You bet I hate bikes and all bikers that don't give a flying fig for the laws of this country which is the large majority of bike riders.

As for the quote read it and inwardly digest before making comment.

Enough gentlemen. There's no point in going on like this. Let's remember the main point of this forum is to help each other, not slag each other off, it'll get you both nowhere.

Phil

I have a full moorcycle licence gained in the 70s when all you basically had to do was drive around the block to pass before all the CBT stuff came in.

I have also owned many motorbikes and enjoyed riding them.

However I have not owned or ridden a motorcycle in the last 20 years and with the amount of traffic on the roads today wouldn't consider it.

There are good and bad bikers and car drivers.

I used to be a motorcyclist until a car driver thought at the last moment the pub car-park was more urgent than waiting for me to pass.

Still suffer from the effects 29 yrs later.

The police forensics/crash team are more than capable of determining speed with the amount of damage to objects and sorry to say bodies.

As long as people drive/ride safely i've no problem with either.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links