Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Number Plate :)

So as a few of you know my current standard number plate is a little bit GAE! Lol...

IanS200 daughter took great delight at our last meet calling me gay car all day :lol: :lol: she's not the first and my mates give me stick about it all the time so enough is enough!

This morning I had a bit of a impulse buy while looking at private reg plates. I bought for £399 the reg C5 CBX.

It's sort of my name (Chris Box) and the 5 represents my birthday. Overall I'm very happy, never had a private reg before :)

• Like 1

congratulations Chris,well done,don't forget you will also need £85 or is it £105 too transfer it over,and your insurance documents changed,during the transfer process the DVLA will send you and duplicate MOT and tax disc with your new registration :-D

Thanks a lot :)

I bought the plate straight from DVLA so the price included Transfer fee of £80.

I'm also lucky as my sister works at DVLA and has done so for many years handling private registrations so I've got excellent first hand advice and she's already said she'll deal with it for me. She sorted the private regs for my dads 2 cars as well lol.

Just waiting for the V750 certificate of entitlement now :)

Welcome to the club Chris, cbx is spot on for you. Mine came with the car, last 3 digits JNS , so with squinting ect, could be Ian's.

You can now have smaller oblong number plates now because you only have 5 number/letters......LEGALLY.

I bought mine on Fleabay for a best offer of £85.00, the lady didn't realise there was a charge for making me the Nominee so asked me if I would pay £10.00 towards it, mind, I would gladly have paid the full £25.00.

The L40 is fairly obvious and the SE is my 1st and surname initials, the J means nothing really but being a Celsior could mean "Special Edition Japanese" :lol:

Looked for a good while on the DVLA but couldn't really justify the price, flying from Birmingham airport regularly there was L5 BHX on offer but I don't think I would have got free car parking!

There were loads of plates ending in LEX at one time available from the DVLA but they all seem to have disappeared. Guess those private plate companies snapped them all up when they realised Lexus owners were buying them.

Also Pete, the reason I wanted my name is because what if my next car isn't a Lexus? You know you can keep the plate for life right and transfer it onto your future vehicles? If you buy LEX you're kinda limiting yourself :)

There were loads of plates ending in LEX at one time available from the DVLA but they all seem to have disappeared. Guess those private plate companies snapped them all up when they realised Lexus owners were buying them.

Also Pete, the reason I wanted my name is because what if my next car isn't a Lexus? You know you can keep the plate for life right and transfer it onto your future vehicles? If you buy LEX you're kinda limiting yourself :)

good point, actually didnt think of that :iraqi-info-minister:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links