Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Incoming Newbie...

Gruntfuggly

Hello everybody

Just bought an IS200 sport last week. Only 51k on a 52 plate.

I'm very pleased with it, but I've got a couple of questions.

When shifting up from 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd, theres a low quiet thunk from the gearbox. Is that normal? It's not there shifting down, and it might be there in the higher gears, but I haven't noticed it.

Secondly, the airbag light comes on after a driving for a while (half hour or so). It's going back to the garage for them to check it, but I was just wondering if anybody has had anything similar?

Cheers,

Nige

Hello and welcome to the club. I have an auto but im sure someone will be along to answer your questions..That's one low mileage IS you have there.

Pics always go down well if you get a mo.

Ian.

"When shifting up from 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd, theres a low quiet thunk from the gearbox. Is that normal? It's not there shifting down, and it might be there in the higher gears, but I haven't noticed it."

I have exactly the same issue on my 2000 IS200 :-( I'm LED to believe its "normal" for these cars.

Hi Guys - thanks for the welcome!

I'm glad to hear it's 'normal'. As you say Chris, it doesn't do it if I change carefully - perhaps a more chilled driving style is the way to go B)

I'll see if I can upload a few pics later.

In the meantime, I've got a couple more questions if you don't mind?

- is there a way to make the windows go up and down without needing to hold the button down the whole time? On my old Calibra, if you hold the button down for a few seconds once its got to the bottom, it enables it - I was wondering if there is something similar?

- what are the two round 'nubbin' things on the dash in front of the steering wheel? I'm assuming it's sensors for the automatic lights?

I've ordered a handbook off eBay (it didn't come with one and I couldn't find a download) so I guess these questions can be answered soon anyway...

Haha pete, so why would all IS's have the 2 domes? Wouldn't really be cost effective to fit every IS and altezza that came off the line with gps antenna but then only fit a very small percentage of them with sat nav. Lol

No they are definitely climate control sensor and auto headlight sensor :)

Welcome to the LOC, in response to your other question regarding the airbag warning light I would imagine the seat has probably been adjusted?

If so the connections under the seat can become dislodged or intermittent when the seat was moved so this is the first place to look.

Haha pete, so why would all IS's have the 2 domes? Wouldn't really be cost effective to fit every IS and altezza that came off the line with gps antenna but then only fit a very small percentage of them with sat nav. Lol

No they are definitely climate control sensor and auto headlight sensor :)

lol i see your point. but ive never looked at another IS close enough to notice! and thought all others just had 1 little dome :)

Well the airbag warning light turned out to be a lose connector in the center console - the garage I bought it from sorted it out, which was handy. Now that's fixed, I'm much happier.

Ordered a new stereo - although I'm surprised how good the factory kit sounds. Just seems like something from the stone age with a cassette deck!

Anyone got any good advice for fitting a DAB aerial? I'm considering a glass mount, but I'm worried the rear window heater is going to be a problem. I could try a magnetic mount on the boot, but I'm not sure that will be great either. The last option would be a proper panel mounted aerial somewhere, but I'm not particularly comfortable with the idea of some audio shop making holes in the body....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links