Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello new owner here.

I've just got a GS450h on a 06 plate and like most on here love it.

Now heres the but, but the satnav seems to lag behind the actual position on the road.

I was doing 50 on the road and when I passed a junction I counted 3 seconds before the satnav icon

reached the junction. Its very noticeable on screen how far behind it is. The maps are upto date.

It shouldn't bea major issue unless I'm in an area with lots of roads. Do I need a new aerial?

Mark levinson system.

On my mk2 GS, there is a calibration option in the satnav menus so that it can reset itself to compensate for tyre wear etc, maybe yours needs to so that?

• Like 1

I used to find that on my old GS nav system.

Certainly worth trying the recalibrate button but in theory it should only use that if it doesn't have a GPS signal. Is the GPS icon showing it has a signal or not when you notice this? I also found that if it did lose signal it would take a long time to correct the map position.

It is possible to enter the hidden diagnostics and see how many satellites are being tracked - that could determine if you have an aerial issue.

This doesn't help but personally I've given up using the in-built navigation, I just use an app on my Iphone. Much better functionality, more up to date and doesn't cost a ridiculous amount to update.

• Like 1

As I am new to this forum and only a recent GS300 owner, could someone please explain how to get into the hidden diagnostics system. Just to have a look around, out of interest, really.

firstly press the display button so you get the contrast/brightness controls up on the screen

You then press the top left ( a ) and bottom left of the screen ( b ) in the following order:

a b a b a b

note, don't press in the area of the display controls, only within the background display area - so bottom left isn't right in the corner of the screen.

the diagnostic screen will then appear. To exit you can either press and hold the display button for around 5 seconds and the nav system will reboot or turn off the ignition.

Having spent much of the weekend driving around, I took reglar looks at the sat nav - when it was safe to do so of course.

I found that generally I was at a junction when it said I was, but sometimes not. I put it down to the quality of the mapping. For instance, driving into Looe, Cornwall the railway line is clearly on your right and yet the map shows it on your left. And yes, it was orientated correctly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links