Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Roof Bars For The Is-F, And Eurolights Deflectors.

I've got a trip to Europe planned in a few weeks and got a few questions hope someone can help.

Has anyone fitted roof bars to their IS-F. Are they different to the IS250/220d as there's a lot of conflicting info out there.

Also brought some headlight deflectors. You use the circle bit of the mask, but again the list of models only includes 250, 300 and the 220d, and give two options across those cars regarding position, it even conflicts with age across those cars so I've no Idea which it is. The two options are to mask on the centre line or top right. Guessed it was top right last time, but be good to know if I was doing it right?

Any info greatly received.

I'm sure the roof bars would be the same as any IS http://www.roofracks-roofboxes.co.uk/item/26399/thule-rapid-system-for-lexus-is--mk-ii--4-d-05---foot-pack-754--roof-bars-769---869--fitting-kit-1426?ref=40567

I've drove in France/Spain quite a few times and never fitted headlight deflectors. Our RAV4 came with some fitted and they were on the top right.

Where are you driving to? We're taking the ISF to St. Tropez in August. For me the journey is the best bit!

Got a villa for a week just out side Cannes, but spending a week getting there, through Belgium, Germany, Switzerland (St. Godards pass), and Italy. Happy days.

I use Thule roof bars on my IS-F with up to 3 bike rails. They work fine, but the front one tends to slide backwards due to air pressure, even though I don't drive over 80mph with bikes on top. This did cause very minor damage to the paint the first time it happened, but more importantly made the whole thing loose. I now make a point of checking the tighness of fit everytime I stop.

There are a few things I have done / do:

1. Put a bolt through the bike rail so it cannot slide back over the rear bar. The Thule bike rails I have are fixed firmly to the front bar, but slide freely over the rear. The extra bolt keeps the whole system rigid. I'm not sure what you are planning to put on the roof MrW, but I would suggest making sure it is rigid.

2. I put squares of chamois leather between the metal clamp that fits in the door and the paint to stop rubbing. The rubber feet on top and the contact point on the roof also get a good wipedown before I put the rails in place to prevent grit or grime scratches.

3. Finding the exact position to put the rails on used to be a pain, until I marked the locations with a small 10mm x 5mm piece of tape. These are only visible when the doors are open and save faffing when I put the bikes on.

4. Keep the roof up to date with Armour Shield, so any crud or oil that comes off the bikes can be hosed off easily.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links