Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Digital Music Changer For Is200

We never had an is200 with 16" wheels. They all had 17's. Sunroof was never standard or an option - if you wanted it done, you had to go the aftermarket route. Semi-leather, heated seats was also standard kit here.

• 6 months later...

Ok guys...so I got the dreaded Error 3 on my CD player this week. This leaves me with nothing else but the radio to listen to :-(

I don't have the cash right now for a new double din CD player, so I thought I would remove the deck, take a pic and ask you guys to confirm if I can use one of those digital music changers on my head unit? Please see the attached pic of the fear of my head unit. Will The digital music changer work?

Ok guys...so I got the dreaded Error 3 on my CD player this week. This leaves me with nothing else but the radio to listen to :-(

I don't have the cash right now for a new double din CD player, so I thought I would remove the deck, take a pic and ask you guys to confirm if I can use one of those digital music changers on my head unit? Please see the attached pic of the fear of my head unit. Will The digital music changer work?

Edit : my ipad is posting the pic upside down...but I'm sure you guys get the picture (no pun intended)

post-46625-0-85762200-1390036459_thumb.j

Im not going to say yes because yours is different to mine? we have same year IS too?

314202979_2x_zpse1edecad.jpg

But as far as i know GROM type devices are compatible with all IS200 1999 to 2005 which covers all the headunits used

If you get one and your a bit short of cash get a yatour, there half the price and ive had no problems with mine. If you dont have NAVI then its just plug and play (i had to do i few modifications to mine)

Thanks for the response...Pete.

I noticed that the connector on my head unit only has one row of pins...yours has two. I did a bit of googling and noticed that the plugs on the yatour has a connector which needs two rows of pins on the head unit. Looks like I am out of luck here :-(

Will look around for a compatible digital music player, but should start accepting the fact that I will have to get rid of the stock head unit :-(

very strange, although Lexus changed the headunit design many times over 6 years. My yatour plugged into the far right (edit) connector in my picture. I was looking closer at your and was thinking it would plug in 2nd one on the left side of your picture but cant quite make out the pinout on the angle of your shot?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links