Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Alloy Recalls?

Hey guys,

New to this forum so sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place or anything.

I've just bought my 1999 IS200 SE, everything is in pretty mint condition apart from the alloys and missing a cap from one of the headlight jet washers which I believe can be bought from Lexus for ~£18?

Anyway I've been reading up on others refurbing they're alloys for around £200-250 and then I noticed some people saying Lexus has recalled a load of alloys due to lacquer problems?

Just wandering if anyone knows which Is200's were recalled and do you think I'd still be in with a chance of getting new ones from Lexus?

Thanks in advance :)

-Monkey

Welcome :)

Unfortunately wheels weren't recalled. Lexus have replaced/refurbished wheels beyond the three year warranty in the past but normally for original owners who keep up FLSH - this is completely at the discretion of the dealership and Lexus GB.

This still happens today with most Toyota/Lexus wheels. Something about the British weather, road salt etc which affects them and it seems it isn't worth their while changing something globally for one small market.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Lexus alloy wheels were sometimes replaced for corrosion but this was only during the manufacturer's warranty period.

I'm afraid at 13-14 years old this will not apply to your IS200.

Lexus IS200 wheels did actually have a recall on them years ago. The work was carried out by a company in Milton Keynes called Pristine alloys, who still do wheel refurbishment now.

They have refurbed a set of 17" 5 spoke alloys (powder coat and diamond cut) and also a set of 18" aero wheels (powder coat with satin lacquer) and are fantastic.

If it's 17" wheels you want done, Pristine alloys actually hold them in stock ready so you can drive in, give them your wheels, and they put on a brand new set and swap the tyres over. Saves being without the car while they do yours.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links