Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Which Toyota Lowering Springs Fit Is200

TomsIS200

Hey rick. Yeah I just looked on eBay now and saw them. Thanks. Thought would be a lot more.

Have you any ideas for induction kit?

They are far to expensive on eBay.

Would like to have a cone filter rather than the panel one in have now

Cheers

Sorry mate, can't really help with the IS. On all my GS's, I preferred the OEM look so opted for a K&N panel filter to fit the factory air boxes. Even on my Corrado VR6, it had a cone filter on it when I got it, but I reverted it back to a K&N panel (and had to buy a factory air box).

There are a few on here who have made their own induction kits with stainless pipes and silicone bends.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be MUCH cheaper to buy the silicon bends and piping off eBay than say a fully made branded induction kit as i priced it up before i managed to get a greddy induction kit off a friend at a great price. It doesnt seem to add any power etc it just sounds nice when you give a bit extra on the accelerator and even better with a nice exhaust.

as already stated the standard intake isn't restrictive so there is no performance to be gained by replacing it. If you are doing it for the sound then a cone would be better than an a drop in filter but keep in mind that some actually do a worse job than the stock intake and stuck in hot air

Wow hang on ! I am not a mechanic i just fitted the greddy induction kit for the sound knowing its got no performance gains but whats this hot air thing ? Thanks

Some cone setups just fit on the intake somewhere in the engine bay. This means that once the engine has warmed up and engine bay is full of hot air (from the engine and exhaust manifolds), the cone filter is just sucking in hot air. Hot air is less dense than cold air, so less air to mix with fuel and therefore possibly reducing efficiency. Some aftermarket ones have some panels which help shield the cone from the engine bay, and use the factory cold feed to keep the air cooler going into that space.

in the 1st pic, just hot air from the engine bay

Prolex%20induction%20kit%202.jpg

2nd pic shows a cone kit with the shield. This one is particularly thorough, but tHey can be made quite easily yourself.

Lexus-IS300-793.jpg?itok=1Th5c9Ry

I basically have the 1st pic. The 2nd looks very nice but wouldnt have a clue of how to setup like that unless u just buy that box. I have ordered some silicone cold air feeds and a heat shield for now luckily the left side of the engine has tonnes of space to work in so should be able to mock something together to help keep out the heat. After reading an old thread i took the thick hood liner off too as it apparantly makes the induction kit a little louder but i cant tell. I guess a bit of the heat will be lost quicker without that too?

Thanks

Some cone setups just fit on the intake somewhere in the engine bay. This means that once the engine has warmed up and engine bay is full of hot air (from the engine and exhaust manifolds), the cone filter is just sucking in hot air. Hot air is less dense than cold air, so less air to mix with fuel and therefore possibly reducing efficiency. Some aftermarket ones have some panels which help shield the cone from the engine bay, and use the factory cold feed to keep the air cooler going into that space.

in the 1st pic, just hot air from the engine bay

Prolex%20induction%20kit%202.jpg

2nd pic shows a cone kit with the shield. This one is particularly thorough, but tHey can be made quite easily yourself.

Lexus-IS300-793.jpg?itok=1Th5c9Ry

hi i seen your air box around the net a few times now and o am looking at having one, is this custom made or have you bought it? if you made it i think you should patent it :) and i would like info from you to make one or if bought where from?

Sorry mate, that isn't my car. It may have been TDI that produced them, but no idea where you would get one other than keep looking on some of the IS/Altezza forums.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links