Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Creaking From Rear 400H?

trying to trace a persistent creaking noise. Some mentions on here of creaking leather but it's louder than that, and seems higher up. Perhaps the plastic trim or the tailgate? Anyone else had the problem and solved it?

Thanks

Mike

It may be coming from the rear seat(s) back rest. Check that they are fully engaged in their slot, and try changing their angle to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks Daniel. I have tried running with each of them folded flat (no difference) but I will try changing their angles. Still feels like it's further back though.

Mike

There's something odd going on with the forum as regards this thread, as a post by Colin and an answer by me have disappeared.

Anyway I have cured the creaking problem - thanks to this forum. It was the little catches that retain the sliding boot cover. A couple of self adhesive pads on the bits on the door that they butt up against and as if by magic the creaking has gone.

Mike

(Actually it might have been the other thread about creaking that posts have disappeared from - sorry)

Can you post photos of the solution of the problem?

I saw similar thread in the German forum:

http://euro.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18684entry218187

but there the problem was in the boot storage - i did the same, but the creaking still persist, so i guess it is the sliding boot cover, because it disappears when retracted.

the top two pictures in the German thread are exactly what I did and it cured it for my car.

try some silicone grease on the ends of the sliding cover, and see if that removes the problem for you.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links