Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tow Bar Needed Rx 400H, In North West

Just bought an '09 RX 400h and I need a tow bar fitting with electrics, problem is Lexus are probably going to want about £1,000.00 I think.

Does anyone know anywhere in the greater Manchester ( north west,ish ) area where I might get one at a more reasonable price by someone who knows about Hybrid electrics ?

I am about to do the same and have got quotes of about £500 in the north east. (Lexus want nearly £1100). The good news is that our cars are already fitted with the extra cooling radiators etc.

However, just to be on the safe side with the warranty, I'm trying to get genuine lexus parts including in particular the genuine lexus wiring harness. One of the USA forums has a thread about the towbar for a Toyota Highlander being identical to the RX400H - it's even got both Lexus and Toyota part numbers stamped on it. In the States they are paying $200 for it. Toyota Teesside say if I get the part number they can order it but it might be much more expensive (well I never). But more importantly it doesn't look like the fancy detachable one.

I wonder if there is another UK available Toyota that might share the towbar with out cars (a Rav4 ... or one of those truck things Hi Lux?)

Mike

I am about to do the same and have got quotes of about £500 in the north east. (Lexus want nearly £1100). The good news is that our cars are already fitted with the extra cooling radiators etc.

However, just to be on the safe side with the warranty, I'm trying to get genuine lexus parts including in particular the genuine lexus wiring harness. One of the USA forums has a thread about the towbar for a Toyota Highlander being identical to the RX400H - it's even got both Lexus and Toyota part numbers stamped on it. In the States they are paying $200 for it. Toyota Teesside say if I get the part number they can order it but it might be much more expensive (well I never). But more importantly it doesn't look like the fancy detachable one.

I wonder if there is another UK available Toyota that might share the towbar with out cars (a Rav4 ... or one of those truck things Hi Lux?)

Mike

Mike, on your other thread I posted a picture, and it is a detachable, though as I also posted, I'd double check before ordering, rather than rely 100% on an eBay photo.

Yeah they were good illustrations Michael, and whilst it looks detachable, it also looks like much of the structure would still be visible even when the ball wasn't fitted. It may be that Toyota truck type drivers are not bothered about the aesthetics, but it is possible that one of the fancy ones fits a Lexus too.

Mike

I think you're probably right about the visibility, it's a question of balancing that vs the protection offered against the average useless parker.

Pity we have to constantly battle against being blatantly and shamelessly ripped off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links