Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Newbie Lexus Is Owner!

CTM

Hey, about a month ago I bought myself a Lexus IS200 estate.

Got a few little bits I'd like to do with it, just to make it a bit more.. mine.

Loving the car! Can't really go wrong with Toyota build quality.

If anyone can help me out with where I can find some more technical data on the engine etc I'd be most appreciative!

-Chris-

Welcome Chris :)

What technical information are you looking for?

Couple of things really, like what little engine mods can I do to increase performance but not ruin fuel economy.

One main thing I'm after is the diameter of the throttle body intake.

Also, just out of curiosity because its probably a long shot. I have a rear LSD from my old Celica GT-Four, if removed from the casing could it replace the diff on the IS?

the engine doesn't respond that well to mods, most don't have an impact on economy but there are very little gains to be made. Most people will start off with an intake and exhaust but mainly for sound rather than true performance increases.

I've not heard of anybody trying a GT-Four diff so I don't know if it will fit. The IS200 sport models had an LSD so if might be best to try and track one of those down if you really want one.

the engine doesn't respond that well to mods, most don't have an impact on economy but there are very little gains to be made. Most people will start off with an intake and exhaust but mainly for sound rather than true performance increases.

I've not heard of anybody trying a GT-Four diff so I don't know if it will fit. The IS200 sport models had an LSD so if might be best to try and track one of those down if you really want one.

Ah ok, a complete newb question now, how do you know if its a sport or not? or is it obvious? lol

Hi Chris and welcome :)

As Colin has already said this engine is pretty untuneable! You have the exact same engine as I have in my IS200 Sport, they are exactly the same across the 200 range weather you have an S,SE, Sport or Sportscross.

The only way to gain any power is by forced induction. Either a Supercharger or Turbo. Neither are easy to come by/do and neither are cheap. A supercharger, should you be lucky enough to find one as they are no longer made new will cost you £2000+ for the full kit and Turbo even more expensive. A supercharger will take your BHP from 153 to 200-220. Ive even seen them run as low as 180bhp so its a lot of money for relatively little gain but they do sound awesome and makes your 200 as quick as a 300.

To go higher you would have to turbo it but then you run up against the problem of the engine internals not being able to handle the higher boost of a turbo so you'd have to up rate them as well to avoid the block blowing up! :lol: See how it gets expensive? Oh and none of this is good for your MPG!

An induction kit and exhaust will make it sound better but give you 0 BHP gain. You also can't chip/re map the ECU so there's pretty much nothing else you can do to gain power. Keep the throttle body clean to keep the car as responsive as it can be and that's about it.

I've also found mine a bit more responsive running higher octane fuel but I can't prove that and it could just be a placebo affect to be honest.

No idea if your celica diff will fit sorry...

You have a Sportscross if it's the estate. S, SE and Sport were only available in saloon. :)

Ah sweet, thanks guys for the help! :D

I'm really after the look and the sound so I'll be doing the induction kit and the exhaust.

I've got some styling mods lined up.. just need to save up some money to get them!

Keep your eyes peeled cause hopefully I'll get it right!

Ill just add that the super charger was an official Toyota accessory for the car and is 100% geniune and just bolts on, hense the rarity and price. Not seen any SC sportcross's so would be unique! did you not consider a IS300 Sportcross? or did the auto box put you off like most....

As for trim, the sportcross had just the one which ide say was equiv to the SE due to not having LSD or lowered suspension with a few unique touches along the way The only option probably being parking sensors and navi when new.

Off topic, Celica GT four... what a great car, cant beat AWD! hope you kept it for the weekend :P

I'll get some photos up this afternoon as its nice out!

Just trying to find out how to remove the rear lights! lol

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

If the Sportcross follows the normal pattern there should be 2 black plastic plugs fitted along the inner edge of the light cluster, prise these out to reveal 10mm bolts, remove the bolts and carefully remove the cluster. The outer edge is normally held by a plastic clip fixing but check behind just incase there is another bolt in that position.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long wait! Been busy with work!

post-47236-0-99351300-1370892578_thumb.j

post-47236-0-75097400-1370892612_thumb.j

And here is the GT-Four, sadly I had to sell this. It lives in Germany now!

post-47236-0-31024800-1370892682_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links