Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Those Running Supercharged Is 200's

SteveAudioX

this should answer your question :)

QUOTE (bazza @ Aug 9 2003, 12:35 PM)

QUOTE (Supracharged-IS340 @ Aug 4 2003, 11:55 AM)

well, in theory an open element filter induction.....would be better, but only if it is out of the warm air atmosphere of the engine bay......This is critical

the TTE airbox, is tested, and proven, and has a cold air snorkle feeding the filter element with cool air, and is somewhat fed by a "ram " effect

to be honest i find no disadvantages with the TTE airbox, it does as its supposed to

as i have said with the induction kit......it needs cold air to be usefull

so if i am thinking right

with this hot weather we are having, performance isnt what it is supposed to be

if we lived in iceland we would all be going faster

does this make a difference on dyno testing and results ?

i know they fan the engine but it must make a difference if its cold or hot

Technically yes Bazza

a car has better performance in cold air....as cold air is denser, the denser the air the more oxygen that is within the air, the more oxygen the better the combustion.

hot air is far less denser.....this is why an open element filter should be at the very least fed by a cold air feed from somewhere ...if not it drawes in the heated aiir within the engine compartment

this is why on my car we have the Huge intercooler, as this is an Air to Air cooler, as the car moves in a forward motion the warm air from the turbos will be fed through this, where it is cooled by the flow and motion of the air/car..so on entering the engine it is a cooler denser air than left the turbo......plus it is fed under compression from the turbo

Cheers Bazza. (Mega post man)

I did read that too, but just wondering if you guys had noticed it as much....

Its quite a difference compared to a early morning run ! as my car seems to be a lot cooler for about 10 mins or so.. emm...must get that thing cooled right down !

Cheers Bazza. (Mega post man)

I did read that too, but just wondering if you guys had noticed it as much....

Its quite a difference compared to a early morning run ! as my car seems to be a lot cooler for about 10 mins or so.. emm...must get that thing cooled right down !

yes i have noticed

the intercooler is relying on cold air to cool the compressed air

but in this heat the cool air is warm

rain is due thursday ...........yipee

a solution to the intercooler problem, is having a fine mist of water sprayed onto the matrix face of the intercooler, the water will act as a condenser drawing heat from the flow of air.

another method is N2O .....discussed plenty of times

another method is water injection......where a fine mist of water is injected into the combustion chamber, this also acts to cool the air...also as water contains the gasses Oxygen and Hydrogen, as the water is compressed the Oxygen content is released, and aids combustion.as it cools the air coming into the cylinder

i went drag racing again this weekend at SantaPod, the temperature was about 36 degrees vs 20 degrees last time I went. power and speeds were pretty much unchanged between the two outings, the engine bay was v.hot but intercooler and air going into the engine was ok.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links