Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mot Advisories

Just had my Hyundai XG300 MOT'd

3 Advisories

01 Rusty noisy front exhaust (now replaced)

02 Under-trays fitted obscuring some underside components :msn-oh:

03 Engine covers fitted obscuring some components in the engine bay :msn-oh:

Many modern cars are fitted with such covers does he record them all as advisories. The guys an idiot & I shall be telling him so when I see him :megaangry:

post-45253-0-82363300-1369184343_thumb.j

I assume he is passing comment to reflect that he may want to check certain things, but the covers prevent it. I.e. maybe he wanted to check fuel line corrosion, but couldn't due to the covers. It would be a very long list if he had to list every item he would like to check as advisories but was unable to check.

I assume he is passing comment to reflect that he may want to check certain things, but the covers prevent it. I.e. maybe he wanted to check fuel line corrosion, but couldn't due to the covers. It would be a very long list if he had to list every item he would like to check as advisories but was unable to check.

Quite but the obvious solution is to remove the covers otherwise a potential buyer might think your hiding something. Shall be speaking to VOSA later to discuss this

Quite but the obvious solution is to remove the covers otherwise a potential buyer might think your hiding something. Shall be speaking to VOSA later to discuss this

I don't think they are allowed to remove things or even adjust things, did you not ask him at the time?

Yeah, as far as I know they can't remove stuff.

Not sure what you want VOSA to say/do. Why would a buyer think you are trying to hide things? You don't have any input to it, so how could you be hiding anything. Can you imagine how expensive and time consuming an MOT would become if they had to factor in taking all this stuff off (and the amount of complaints from all those that will claim their covers were damaged as a result). If it is a problem, remove the covers before taking it for its MOT.

I don't think they are allowed to remove things or even adjust things, did you not ask him at the time?

I understand your correct The solution next time will be to have them removed before the MOT inspection

Yeah, as far as I know they can't remove stuff.

Not sure what you want VOSA to say/do. Why would a buyer think you are trying to hide things? You don't have any input to it, so how could you be hiding anything. Can you imagine how expensive and time consuming an MOT would become if they had to factor in taking all this stuff off (and the amount of complaints from all those that will claim their covers were damaged as a result). If it is a problem, remove the covers before taking it for its MOT.

I agree My contacting VOSA is not to complain but to point out that many new cars are now fitted with these engine top & bottom covers and should they make it clear to ALL owners that to avoid this is to have them removed before inspection. Why leave it to the Russian Roulette of the present inspection system when there might be things obscured which do need to be visible to the MOT technician such as fuel lines

Never had any such comments with mine fitted with engine cover,undercover and most of the fuel/brake lines run inside plastic channelings.

The tester is not allowed to dismantle any part of the car to conduct the test.

Things like brake pads and discs,if they can been seen through the wheel to be worn to the limit or in poor condition that's one thing,if they can't it's another.

Ormi is probably the guy to ask being an MOT tester.

I think that you should withdraw your comment that the tester is an idiot. He hasn't failed your car, just issued advisory and is obviously not alone in doing so, unless Exdee used the same tester.

Dave I will not withdraw my remarks AND don't ask me to censor my remarks Its not YOUR job If YOU don't like what I say I'm sure YOU can block my posts and not have to read them

Dave I will not withdraw my remarks AND don't ask me to censor my remarks Its not YOUR job If YOU don't like what I say I'm sure YOU can block my posts and not have to read them

I didn't ask you to censor your remarks Jon. From your somewhat terse reply I assume that, for some reason, you still consider the tester to be an idiot. Sorry if my suggestion upset/offended you but I just don't see how he can be an idiot for his advisory.

I didn't ask you to censor your remarks Jon. From your somewhat terse reply I assume that, for some reason, you still consider the tester to be an idiot. Sorry if my suggestion upset/offended you but I just don't see how he can be an idiot for his advisory.

Sorry but you did. You suggested I redact my remark that the guy was/is an idiot which by any standard is censorship

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links