Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Reversing Bing

Russell,it must be a toyota thing as my daughters celica does the same,and trust me its helped me out of a tricky situation more than once.It makes me smile as its like driving a bus and passengers dont expect it if theyve never been in before.

Nope no bing or reversing sound... just the red R on the dash.

Before anyone says if the beep sound for the max up or min down gear work when the steering buttons are used.... it does work.

My beep only when is revering, cos of parking sensors than getting louder as it closer lol, surprise ur doesn't beep kentis300, even when vsc kick in it beep.

Ok guys lets clear this up...

Every MANUAL beeps in reverse. It's because 1st is right next to reverse so it is possible to select reverse when wanting first. Therefore the beep is to tell you your in reverse, simple as that.

No AUTOMTIC beeps in reverse including the IS300 because you have a gauge on your dash telling you what gear you are in.

:)

• Like 1

That explains it then :) :) That's why I said about my '95 Supra beeping and being an Auto ... thought it was because it was an import...

Toyota must have changed their mind when it came to newer cars.

By the way when the VSC kicks in ... it does beep. But I only got that once since I bought the car... lol not racing it about enough I think.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links