Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Potential New Owner

Hello, my name is Jay and currently shopping around for a new motor to replace my Nissan S15 with in the next 6-12months.

Got a few cars in mind but the one that keeps grabbing my attention is an ISF, everything about them seems great and being a die hard Japanese car fan be nice to keep Jap. But there's none in my area and I want to get a feel for one to make sure it's for me.

Was wondering if anyone is local to Telford, Shropshire that wouldn't mind a meet up and chat will even come in the S15 if people are interested in them :) don't worry I'm no criminal just a car enthusiast who will hopefully own an ISF if its for me. Looked at garages but there are no ISF's in the ones closest to me and don't want to travel miles to be hassled by a sales person when I just want to get a feel for the car.

Hopefully meet some of you soon. :)

If anyone on here is anywhere near you I'm sure they won't mind you having a look. They are a very rare car with only just over 200 sold in the uk and only about 10 for sale at any one time. I waited for 4 months till I found mine.

• Like 1

Always a good thing and a bad thing. My S15 is the same and in the end I imported it myself as there were hardly any for sale in the UK.

I seem to have a thing for rare cars, was looking at a M3 but after passing four in one day made them feel less special also my friend I work with has just got a new lexus RX and all the gadgets as well as interior made me settle on lexus seem a lot better to be in then a BMW or Audi.

What's the service routine on the ISF?

Ever 10k miles, alternating between an oil change & minor, then a major service every 60k miles. You can get a service plan from Lexus dealers too. I got a 3 services plan which will cover me for the next 30k miles for £600

Is the S15 similar to the 200SX?

• Like 1

That's great then most I do is 8-10k a year, could be worth while idea purchasing the service plan. Just been looking at them straight for the past two months now haha.

Yes 200sx is the same just the final model they made, Done quite a bit to it and is currently running 360bhp on a larger HKS turbo. Booked in for another mapping next month aiming for 380bhp just feeling the itch for a RWD + V8 power!

When I was interested, my local lexus dealer borrowed an IS-F from Lexus GB for me to try for a weekend. They just gave me the key and said "off you go sir; try not to bend it. And don't forget to use the Sport button" That was back in 2009 so I'm not sure if there are any available from Head Office but it might be worth asking what they can do. I'm pleased I had an extended test as I didn't at first get on with the gearbox. Now I love it.

Mind you, I think your local dealer is Wolverhampton. They were a bit sniffy about me driving their demonstrator when I first got in touch, but were excellent and very helpful when it finally came to buying it. Conversely the guys at Stoke seemed to be real enthusiasts and took me out for a proper blast when I was at the making my mind up stage. It confirmed to me that the IS-F was the one for me. I would loved to have bought from Stoke, but they just didn't have the right car in the 12 months I was watching and waiting.

Good hunting

May be worth an ask but I feel because of my age they will just laugh at me and think I'm trying it on. Will see if the old man fancies coming along and making out its for him probably have a better chance of getting somewhere than me, a weekend test drive would be great.

Thanks for the help guys

If they have any intelligence at all they will spend 2 minutes on google checking out the name and address you give them to help decide if you are credible. They will also look at the car you turn up in.

Mind you, with some of the (admittedly non-Lexus) dealers I have dealt with recently, one shouldn't assume intelligence.

I've also found that being able to talk knowledgeably about the G37, C63, VXR8, or WRX STI you have recently test driven gets them a bit more interested.

That shouldn't be a problem owned a few performance cars and recently test drove the new STI, Evo X, RS mk2, S3, e46 M3, VXR8.

My friend who just got his lexus from stoke has a friend that works there so have mentioned to him about it may take a drive up there and see if they can get one for me to see, most seem to be down south.

I'm in telford, if you want to take a look.

I'm down at the Midland Breakfast Club Meeting at RAF Cosford next Sunday, which maybe an ideal place to take a look. Also on a Track day at Curbourgh, in Lichfield tomorrow if you want a high speed passenger ride. :)

Ahhh, yours must be the one that got me intrigued into them followed you a few months back. Where about's in telford are you? I live in Muxton.

Would love to come with but work calls :( as for the breakfast club may pop along to it.

Think i headed down a bit late got there about 10:45am seemed a bit empty saw a few nice cars still there. Did have a look around but couldn't see you so guessing you had gone.

If your happy enough then defiantly been doing a bit more reading up on them and liking them even more.

No worries first meet i had been too was bit unsure how it all worked, there was my mates white PS13, black alloys and blue vinyl sticker along the bottom of the door? came on a trailer?

Didn't see an S15, what colour was it?

Yes that's the one that's the one I meant, with an orange engine bay? Someone said it was a drift car. All these imports get me confused.

Haha there not the easiest, basically the model number is like first gen, second gen...so you have PS13, S13, S14, S14A, S15.

S15 is the last gen, as for the white ps13 yer it was an ex drift car was for sale for ages 12k. He doesnt keep his cars long he sold his C63 AMG for it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well after more shopping around different model cars think its still the ISF I want even though I haven't sat in one haha, found one 50miles away which I may just travel to have a look. But I am speaking to a member on here who's local and may have a meet up.

On another note I'm already sourcing mods for one through my Japanese import friend and browsing the American sale sites :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links