Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sc430 Brake Calipers

CLUBCAPT

Hi. I'm changing the pads and disc but i'm wondering how to locate the springs back in to the pads to hold them away from the disc.

there are 4 bolts at the rear which look like they hold the rear of the caliper to the caliper unit. do these come undone or is there a different way of relocating the springs.

also i think i lost the springs, not sure, where can i get replacement springs.

its a 2002 sc430

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Sound like you have some problems there especially if you are loosing parts.

TBH from a safety point of view if you lack the knowledge and confidence to work on a cars braking system I would entrust the work to a professional mechanic, you can't afford to take chances with a cars brking system.

There are only 2 14mm bolts holding the caliper to the carrier bracket and by removing just the top one you should be able to lift the caliper down allowing you to remove the pads and replace them but you will also need to push the pistons back to accomodate the new thicker pads, if the 4 you mention are torx type these actually hold the 2 halves of the caliper together and should not be removed.

The tutorial below is actually for the LS400 but the brake setup is similar so should provide a guide to yours, however as I have said if you ain't sure get a pro to do the job :D

The second picture down shows I think the V springs you need to refit if you can find them, if not the fitting kit is only available from Lexus dealers part number 04947-30120 priced at £70.00.

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/brake/fbpad.html

• Like 1

Hi Steve.

Thanks for your reply, I have done brakes before, its just different manufacturers have different styles of callipers.

My mistake was I was undoing the wrong bloody bolts, i was undoing the main bolts that hold the calliper on the vehicle!!!! numbnuts.

I have now done the brakes and alls good, i found the springs in my tool box and now fitted them.

i fancy changing the dustbin lid alloys tho!!

any advise on any which hide the callipers etc without replacing them!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links