Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Some on here might already know my big let down when I drove away from the dealers in an 07 Ten Thousand mile old one owner 460 SE-L .

I have got shot ....and now own my first ever Diesel....and my first ever Turbo car....a Touareg V8 .

I am leaving the Forum and will be sad ...because it has really been a pleasure to chat with ....and sometimes help out some other like minded lads on here.

At the risk of upsetting some 460 drivers on here....I will end my posts with one last plea.....

Do Not Ever sell your MK3 400 and assume you will be getting a better car in a 460 as I did.

I would find any excuse to drive my 400.....

every mile { 203,000 when sold } was a lesson in utter smoothness, quietness, and ease of use.

The 460 has been a lesson in ....well...mostly noise....Tyre roar from Stupidly unnecessary low profile tyres....and terrible wind noise....I could also say.... far too many gears ... too many gimmicky toys .

I am sorry to leave Lexus after 8 years.....but I do not need a Super Saloon as we have now got Dogs....and the RX is a Hybrid which does not appeal....neither do the looks.

I apologise for a biast last post.....but as I said before....in my opinion and experience...

after some 30 odd years of driving ...

The 400 I owned for 6 years was the Best car I ever owned or worked on.......it was I think....

their Masterpiece....and have only gone downhill since.

Good Luck to all the lads on here.

Steve.

Sorry to see you go and thanks your advice. I was toying with buying a 430 (and maybe one day a 460) to have alongside my 400 but you have confirmed that it probably isn't worth the bother. I hope you enjoy the VW. Thanks!

That must of been one hell of a rogue 460 you had. Maybe I've been very lucky, 2 x 400's,1 x 430 and now the 460 and they have all been superb. Lexus engineers and designers obviously don't set out to make the next model worse than the last, but I suppose the odd one or two do slip through the net. I really hope your experience doesn't put off other members going through the 'ranks'

400's marks 1,2,3,4 - 430's - 460's - and the 600's all a natural progression of improvements. Steve's experience has obviously been very disappointing but please don't let that put you off trying the 'next one up' Put all the models side by side and you'll see what I mean.

Good luck with the VW and I think I'm with Mike here ''You'll be back''.

I agree. My brother bought a VW Phaeton a few months ago. A nice car but definitely not in the Lexus class. I told him to spend his £5k on a decent LS but he didn't listen!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links