Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ls460 On Ebay With Plenty Pics

I know how much some of us like to see pics of a nice Lexus, so here is a link to one on eBay with some nice photos.

The car was bid up to 13k or so last time it was on, maybe the buyer was scared off by the non functioning cruise control - who knows.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181138279387

Be very very very careful about buying anything of these. They have been flogging wrecks for years around my area and all I ever here are horror stories about them.

The reason they can sell with no reserve is because 99 times out of a 100 they are selling your car so they have no financial interest in the car other than selling it.

Read their terms and conditions in Yellow and if that dont scare you off you deserve to lose your money.

Mike

The same seller also has a 430 for sale, looking at the background theis one is via BCA.

I also noticed both cars are sold as scrap/spares or repairs so getting out of their legal obligations regarding waranty.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/52-LEXUS-LS430-AUTO-4-3-V8-1-F-OWNER-LEATHER-CLIMATE-SAT-NAV-E-DOORS-E-ROOF-/171037040087?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27d29a1dd7

I agree, mikeyv, about the nice pictures!

I particularly like the colour combination of silver body and cream'n'dark wood interior, just needs a wooden steering wheel to finish it off.

So, how sad that I also have to agree with Bluesman's purchase-warning.

Beautiful pics, bargain price but too much for me to play roulette... just drool it. :)

Be very very very careful about buying anything of these. They have been flogging wrecks for years around my area and all I ever here are horror stories about them.

The reason they can sell with no reserve is because 99 times out of a 100 they are selling your car so they have no financial interest in the car other than selling it.

Read their terms and conditions in Yellow and if that dont scare you off you deserve to lose your money.

Mike

I have never bought from them, but have followed quite a few of their eBay auctions, and most of their stock seems to be from British Car Auctions sales, indeed a lot of the cars are photographed with the details sheet on the screen and BCA signage in plain view.

Just to be clear, I wasn't recommending the car or dealer, just offering a link to something I thought might interest others.

My dad bought a Jaguar XJ from them last year. It was a very rare spec and the condition was amazing. These terms and conditions you see in yellow were not around then. It can be a decent bargain if you do things properly. We carried out a HPI check and had the vehicle inspected by AA as well before buying it.

Buying isn't necessary when you win the auction as long as you go to view the car.

Mike

I have never bought from them, but have followed quite a few of their eBay auctions, and most of their stock seems to be from British Car Auctions sales, indeed a lot of the cars are photographed with the details sheet on the screen and BCA signage in plain view.

Just to be clear, I wasn't recommending the car or dealer, just offering a link to something I thought might interest others.

Dont worry we all recomend and hopefully somone can come up and say yes or no. Mike

My dad bought a Jaguar XJ from them last year. It was a very rare spec and the condition was amazing. These terms and conditions you see in yellow were not around then. It can be a decent bargain if you do things properly. We carried out a HPI check and had the vehicle inspected by AA as well before buying it.

Buying isn't necessary when you win the auction as long as you go to view the car.

I dont know where you got that piece of info from but its wrong. You bid to buy and complete, the only time you can refuse to complete is that you find something wrong or different from the description. You are given the oportunity to view the car/item and if you dont then you really its down to you. Mike

I bought a Honda Accord tourer a few years ago, from Deutsche Marques on eBay.

They ran a similar operation, selling cars mainly sourced from auction, at a small profit - they were happy to show the BCA paperwork for my Honda, which showed a £150 profit.

There was no obligation to accept the car, only to turn up if you made best bid, when you were free to give the vehicle any trial or inspection, and reject it with no hard feelings if not happy.

Try that at a car auction, and you'd be out the door fairly sharpish.

So I'd say that these outfits are ok if you go in with eyes wide open, and know your cars.

The problem comes when the unwary treat them like a main dealer, rather than a trade outlet.

I dont know where you got that piece of info from but its wrong. You bid to buy and complete, the only time you can refuse to complete is that you find something wrong or different from the description. You are given the oportunity to view the car/item and if you dont then you really its down to you. Mike

I think you'll find he is correct Mike, their beef is with people who bid and don't turn up, but make feeble excuses.

I think you'll find he is correct Mike, their beef is with people who bid and don't turn up, but make feeble excuses.

The law of auction in this country is you bid you pay. If companies want to put other term & conditions in thats up to them but they can under the law demand you pay up and if not take you to court. Mike

Comming back to this particular company I have been there with 3 friends to see cars before the end of the auction and you could have been mistaken for thinking they put the wrong car on.

Trouble is these days cars are manufactured so well especialy where paint is concerned that pictures can and do lie. They have been known to cancel lots if they dont reach a particular price. They started out using Autotrader and contacting private people offering to sell their cars for a comission and of course once they had you car what ever the car sold for they got 20% who cares if they didnt get anywhere near proper market price.

There was always trouble with deluded owners turning up finding their car had already gone and instead of getting £4 after commission all they had was £2 if they were lucky.

Mike

As regards to any winning bidder who does not show, If there is a legitimate reason why you cannot proceed, you will have to come and see us, take one look at the car, and identify yourself to us, and say "sorry I don't like the car" and then you will have fulfilled your obligation as a buyer, and we will not strike you! OTHERWISE YOU WILL GET A NON PAYMENT STRIKE!!

The above is on all their listings Mike, surely they would struggle to pursue anybody that rejected a car according to their conditions of sale?

As regards to any winning bidder who does not show, If there is a legitimate reason why you cannot proceed, you will have to come and see us, take one look at the car, and identify yourself to us, and say "sorry I don't like the car" and then you will have fulfilled your obligation as a buyer, and we will not strike you! OTHERWISE YOU WILL GET A NON PAYMENT STRIKE!!

The above is on all their listings Mike, surely they would struggle to pursue anybody that rejected a car according to their conditions of sale?

Hi Mikeyv.

All I did was to correct your original statement which was you only bid to view, I then corrected that by saying that the law of this country was as follows. I then stated that if a company wanted to change these laws, rules, terms & conditions then that was down to them and finally I said that they have every right to insist on full payment I also pointed out that the only time you need not complete is if the description is different from what you actualy find. Mike

PS I sorted out your text size.

The same seller also has a 430 for sale, looking at the background theis one is via BCA.

I also noticed both cars are sold as scrap/spares or repairs so getting out of their legal obligations regarding waranty.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/52-LEXUS-LS430-AUTO-4-3-V8-1-F-OWNER-LEATHER-CLIMATE-SAT-NAV-E-DOORS-E-ROOF-/171037040087?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27d29a1dd7

Despite what they claim as dealers they CANNOT sell cars to the general public as 'spares or repair' Nor can they opt out of their legal obligations under the Sale of Goods Act In other words if they allow you to drive the car from their premises it MUST be fit for purpose. Their T's & C's are not only unlawful they are actually ILLEGAL and could result in prosecution by Trading Standards (if someone told them) :innocent:

• Like 1

PS a number of dealers/traders have tried this ploy & its come home to bite them badly. Also unlawful are those offering short term warranties 3 months or so as the law states you can claim upto SIX YEARS after the event Whether you succeed would depend on a number of factors not least the defect & how it manifested itself.

PS a number of dealers/traders have tried this ploy & its come home to bite them badly. Also unlawful are those offering short term warranties 3 months or so as the law states you can claim upto SIX YEARS after the event Whether you succeed would depend on a number of factors not least the defect & how it manifested itself.

Also bear in mind it takes time to bring a legal action to court and a conclusion (and you may lose) - you need to be able to get the other party to court and most important of all they have to be able to pay you if you win . It's ok obtaining a judgement and or sending them to the nick but if you are still out of pocket several thousands of pounds because they have no money (you can get at) it does not do you a lot of good. Always do business with reputable traders or make sure you really know what to look for.

The 460 on offer looks too good to be true for the price but what do I know?

Bren

Warranties and used cars can be a minefield ... it's simple really I think . if the car costs less than £1000 then there's no practical action you as a buyer can take against even a dealer supported by Trading Standards.

If it's above that figure and you have purchased a pukker warranty, say an RAC Warranty or whatever then they ( not the dealer ) will honour the claim provided it falls within the conditions of the warranty ... simple really.

If you haven't puchased a separate Warranty then you'll be lucky to get the dealer to cover anything at all legally, it would need to be through the goodness of his heart and his reputation.

Just insist on seeing the service scheduling, check it out maybe, have a new MOT by a reputable Tester, HPI checks and above all, buy on the reputation of the Dealer !

Going to Court would be forlorn and as Brendan says it might cost you a small fortune to win but then you have actually got to recover the money, and that's always very challenging, especially if the person/business you win against hasn't got tuppence !

Dealer reputation is all I think............ . or buy at auction and really take your chances ..... be lucky !!!!!

Malc

Warranties and used cars can be a minefield ... it's simple really I think . if the car costs less than £1000 then there's no practical action you as a buyer can take against even a dealer supported by Trading Standards.

If it's above that figure and you have purchased a pukker warranty, say an RAC Warranty or whatever then they ( not the dealer ) will honour the claim provided it falls within the conditions of the warranty ... simple really.

If you haven't puchased a separate Warranty then you'll be lucky to get the dealer to cover anything at all legally, it would need to be through the goodness of his heart and his reputation.

Just insist on seeing the service scheduling, check it out maybe, have a new MOT by a reputable Tester, HPI checks and above all, buy on the reputation of the Dealer !

Going to Court would be forlorn and as Brendan says it might cost you a small fortune to win but then you have actually got to recover the money, and that's always very challenging, especially if the person/business you win against hasn't got tuppence !

Dealer reputation is all I think............ . or buy at auction and really take your chances ..... be lucky !!!!!

Malc

There are no costs provided your claim is below 5K. As for the dealers warranty your customer rights given by law are much greater than most dealer warranties AND there is no minimum cost of the item to qualify. Also this is why all manufacture /dealer warranties MUST include the term "this warranty does not affect your legal rights"

If you find that the vehicle you bought was never or becomes not fit for purpose you WILL have a cause of action against that dealer, no matter what they claim in their T's & C's. No dealer/trader/person can opt out of their legal obligations

If the dealer refuses your claim you could then issue a Statutory Demand provided the sum involved is over £750. This costs nothing & can be obtained via the internet. You then have 21 days to register it with the High Court, this WILL cost a fee but I doubt the dealer will want it to go that far because if he allows that to happen it will be published in the London Gazette which will inform his other creditors such as his bank who will probably pull the plug on his account . Financial Institutions in particular, check the Gazette daily

In the real world playing " hard ball " against a dealer could prove challenging ........... life is usually about negotiating ..... and most dealers are willing to help their customers with difficulties with a car they have sold them !

The letter of the law is great in theory .................... most situations in life that are fraught with challenges end-up being negotiated through ......... don't you think !!!

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links