Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just a couple of pics, crap at it though.

Gave her a clean, clay bar, polish and wax this morning.

post-40559-0-26451000-1367837499_thumb.j

post-40559-0-41231800-1367837512_thumb.j

post-40559-0-01037600-1367837525_thumb.j

Paintwork feels like glass now.

Bloody knackered working under that strange yellow thing in the sky, think i need an urgent injection of cool refreshing beer to sort me out :phone:

• Like 1

i did mine last week , arms felt like i was at the gyme the next day , then started on the other one , gave up i was wrecked , next day it rained and has not stopped since.

Looks great. Just washed mine today and left it at that. Fed up with aching wrists from polishing! I'm going to ask for a mechanical device to do that for my birthday next month. Anyone else use one on their LS?

Looks great. Just washed mine today and left it at that. Fed up with aching wrists from polishing! I'm going to ask for a mechanical device to do that for my birthday next month. Anyone else use one on their LS?

Do you mean the polishing??????? Mike

For god's sake do not use any mechanical polisher on your Lexus or for that matter on any prized possesion.The problem is unless you have expert knowledge about the right type of polish and polishing speed it is possible to scorch the lacquer and that is the end of your paintwork ,because the only remedy for that is re-application of the clear coat.

I use a machine polisher on both my lexus's... But agree with ambermarine, if you don't know what your doing DON'T do it, on my gold LS it came out great but first time I used it on my Black GS looked liked I'd used a Brillo pad n took me days n days to sort it out...now got right pads n polish so kinda good at it now

Ok, point taken re the polisher! Thanks for the warning as I would be totally incompetent with it! I will stick with elbow grease.

How long did it actualy take just for the clay bar polishing? Mike

Ok, point taken re the polisher! Thanks for the warning as I would be totally incompetent with it! I will stick with elbow grease.

In all it took about 4hrs from start to finish.

Each segment took about an hour in all, wash, clay bar, polish then wax, then 30 minutes gawping at what i had done and blinding myself in the glare from the reflection of my head :whistling:

Not rushing just be careful as you do, the clay bar i did in sections as you have to keep the working area lubricated with the fluid that came with the bar as, also did the polish and wax in sections as well.

1 microfiber cloth to wipe up after the clay segment, 2 microfiber cloths each for polish and wax, 1 used to put it on other to take it off, you know the saying, wax on etc.

In all it took about 4hrs from start to finish.

Each segment took about an hour in all, wash, clay bar, polish then wax, then 30 minutes gawping at what i had done and blinding myself in the glare from the reflection of my head :whistling:

Not rushing just be careful as you do, the clay bar i did in sections as you have to keep the working area lubricated with the fluid that came with the bar as, also did the polish and wax in sections as well.

1 microfiber cloth to wipe up after the clay segment, 2 microfiber cloths each for polish and wax, 1 used to put it on other to take it off, you know the saying, wax on etc.

Brilliant. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links