Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I agree with that last bit of advice. Always see the car before making a judgement. I've learnt the hard way with buying cars from remote parts of the country. Never again!

In terms of this one, it does look good. I emailed the owner about it and for £3k it could be yours! I'll wait and see how the auction goes.

• Like 1

Yes Lexmanic, I do now know the history but I made it my buisness to ask before I made the 300 mile trip to buy it but even then I could have lost it because a resitent earlier viewer upped his offer at the last minute fortunatly the trip effort and the fact the seller was a genuine guy swung it my way ,but I feel one wrong word that morning would have scuppered the deal.

Again it can't be emphasised enough to be vigilant but as I have already said low mileage is not a pointer to something dodgy.

I never said it was 'dodgy' I said the very low mileage needed to be queried as it did. Like MOST members I feel I have a right to comment on anything Lexus even if I have no intention of buying & if you don't like, it ignore it simples

I never said it was 'dodgy' I said the very low mileage needed to be queried as it did. Like MOST members I feel I have a right to comment on anything Lexus even if I have no intention of buying & if you don't like, it ignore it simples

Its a free country (I think) and anyone can ask any questions they like. I have often seen something and just had that first thought of, Umh that looks interesting and before you know it I have bought it. People walk in and out of shops occasionaly asking a question of one of the staff and then walk out without any purchase.

Carry on asking questions. Lets face it if some of these sellers put alot more in their descriptions there really wouldnt be any need to ask so many questions of them Mike

• Like 1

Yes Lexmanic, I do now know the history but I made it my buisness to ask before I made the 300 mile trip to buy it but even then I could have lost it because a resitent earlier viewer upped his offer at the last minute fortunatly the trip effort and the fact the seller was a genuine guy swung it my way ,but I feel one wrong word that morning would have scuppered the deal.

Again it can't be emphasised enough to be vigilant but as I have already said low mileage is not a pointer to something dodgy.

So you bought it Great! look forward to seeing your piccies

Its a free country (I think) and anyone can ask any questions they like. I have often seen something and just had that first thought of, Umh that looks interesting and before you know it I have bought it. People walk in and out of shops occasionaly asking a question of one of the staff and then walk out without any purchase.

Carry on asking questions. Lets face it if some of these sellers put alot more in their descriptions there really wouldnt be any need to ask so many questions of them Mike

Great advice however my seller didn't mention the cambelt change & a few other things which I'm certain would have attracted more prospective buyers had he disclosed them. The fact the seller didn't was entirely to my benefit

Great advice however my seller didn't mention the cambelt change & a few other things which I'm certain would have attracted more prospective buyers had he disclosed them. The fact the seller didn't was entirely to my benefit

Its just pure laziness and stupidity on their behalf. Still as long as we get a bargain out of it long may they continue to be stupid & lazy. Mike

• Like 1

A pleasure here you go worth the effort would you say.

post-11542-0-59403300-1367911752_thumb.j

post-11542-0-58865200-1367911765_thumb.j

post-11542-0-66651300-1367911775_thumb.j

post-11542-0-39134400-1367911798_thumb.j

post-11542-0-18870700-1367911821_thumb.j

post-11542-0-69751000-1367911844_thumb.j

post-11542-0-90454200-1367911867_thumb.j

• Like 1

hi there, i opened quite a debate when i mentioned the low mileage lexus the other day, i believe its feasable to find low mileage examples out there, not everyone drives theirs all the time, some like to bring theirs out when the mood takes them. i drive a skoda octavia 99% of the time but its nice to know that if a want to i can get my lexus out and enjoy it. i think you appreciate it more that way as the novelty doesn't wear off and you can choose the weather / conditions that you prefer.

i also travelled far to get my lexus - middlesbrough to benfleet, london - after much conversation with the owner i realised he was as fussy as me with his cars, although you always find something that can be improved on ! i'd add a picture of mine but cant figure out how to, i'm better with cars than computers !!

To post a picture click on "More Reply Options" to the right of "Post". This will bring up at the bottom of the text box "Attach Files" click on the "Chose File" box and then select the picture from your photo files.

Then click on "Attach This File"

Once the file has attached a new option will appear "Add file to post" click here and the picture will appear on your post.

Lovely motor Well done. It looks barely run in & its great the buyer waited for you to arrive before letting it go Sounds like a genuine person......not a member of LOC by any chance?

I am just curious whether they are any disadvantages to buying a car that has such low mileage for its age? The wear and tear on the suspension and engine would be less but I am wondering if things could get jammed or rusty if you guys know what I mean?

Lovely motor Well done. It looks barely run in & its great the buyer waited for you to arrive before letting it go Sounds like a genuine person......not a member of LOC by any chance?
We travelled down overnight and arrived at his request not before 8 30 am so not the best time to be around GCHQ ( he lived nearby )in Cheltenham .No he is'nt a member of LOC but he does like the Lexus brand.No JPS Savage you would'nt have bought it nobody was getting this motor other than me I would have paid another grand or two to get it. As as been said, its brand new and not just on top the underside is ex-factory finish if you had gone into a Lexus dealership back in 98 and the sales director had said we are not just giving you a £3750 discount on a £58000 car we are selling you the car for the discount figure you would have crawled over broken glass to get to the bank.There are other examples of well kept ls400s out there but getting your hands on one is the trick.

Fair play and congratulations again on your purchase! My days of trawling the country for cars are over though. But I take my hat off to you for travelling from Scotland to Cheltenham to view/buy this one. You must be delighted with it.

Must be my age, but this thread has me thoroughly confused.

Did somebody switch horses somewhere, as I thought somebody had bought the Cardiff car mentioned in the original post, but looking at the pics, it appears not?

Time for my medication maybe.

OK I'm also confused, can some one explain how the topic starter 13,000 dark blue Series III LS400 has changed into a silver series IV in one set of pictures and a silver series III in another picture.

Who's bought what from where?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links