Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

One Of Those Days..........

I was really looking forward to today. I was looking forward to receiving the alloys wheels I bought on eBay. I had the day planned in my head. Wash and wax the car put the wheels on and admire it.

The are some road works taking place next my house as in they are fitting in speed ramps. I decided to move the car as the builders were to close. I was day dreaming about what I was going to do next and not thinking about what I was doing - reversing the car into a safer open space. Except I didn't notice the Chrysler Voyager behind me. How I did not see it or even register it in my brain before I got in the car is beyond me. They are something you can not miss and I didn't miss to my bad luck.

To top it all the better half is rubbing it in by saying "if I did that I would never hear the end of it", she's right.

Suffice to say I am now left with a scratched rear bumper with a dent in it, the wheels will not arrive until Tuesday, its raining and I don't know what the owner of the Voyager will say as he was not home.

Should have stayed in bed........

It's amazing what can be done with these bumpers, a hot air gun and some paint adding in the required skills of course.

What's the damage to the other car?

Fortunately the bumper is just scratched which I hope in the main will polish out. There is a small bump where the paint has cracked, I've got a few quotes and it is repairable in the way you mentioned Steve.

There was no damage to the other car as in my bumper would not be as scratched if his car was in better condition.

Those alloys Ian are not turning into such a bargain after all....

I'm just annoyed at myself for being soooo stupid. Everyone who looks at my car always says its so clean and original even the guys who quoted me today for the repair said the same thing.

Maybe the prompt you need to get some reversing sensors. I have to say, along with the reversing camera I bought from eBay I more or less rely on them now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links